Puck, Puck, Bruce!

So…should I be thanking him or you for it :thinking:

But for real, that color scheme fits like a glove with my board

5 Likes

I left my girlfriend simple instructions. Take the print out and start a new one. I only needed 2 more. I then proceeded to go get groceries.

So if anyone wants one… let me know. I gotchu…

19 Likes

Wait…you grabbed gold filament? Is this before or after we chatted?

Golden remote with green wash :drooling_face:

6 Likes

The gold thumbwheel actually looks pretty damn cool.

7 Likes

Forgot to put an endcase on your code. Programming 101 :rofl:

6 Likes

@Jujo got his programming skillz from shampoo bottles

:thinking: :eye: :rofl:

6 Likes

wait, I’m not supposed to use the whole bottle each time?

4 Likes

You are correct in that it is not. I should have the lefty v6 up this week though.

3 Likes

I picked some of these connectors up and and found the large hole is not needed as these stick too far out. I assume it is related to when you decreased the shell size.

On a good note, the fit is flush in combination with my sleeve

6 Likes

It does look a bit weird sticking out that far :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been playing with exactly this. Easier to incorporate one of these in OSRR because I had control of where the USB port was. We’re limited by the geometry of the existing internals here.

I can recess it but it will require changing the overall geometry to be a bit bigger and I’m not sure that’s something I want to do atm. I’m going to tighten up that port so it wraps the USB connector and probably call that good.

5 Likes

0cae4a17f329abf779bef2fe7c714f68

Linny right now going

:rofl:

11 Likes

:expressionless:

8 Likes

Can you measure your mag adapter length?

These are mine:

4 Likes

4 Likes

If you guys are going to have a commotion every time I publish design iterations, you’re gonna have a bad time. :joy:

This is OS R&D, not ‘instantly perfect products for free’.

This is 100% about setting your own expectations here. This is ‘beta’ as I only published these models last week, and I have other projects I’m juggling.

I haven’t declared anything was final & I don’t even have my first rev5 MJF parts in yet to check fitment.

If you want to follow the iterative design process along and give feedback then please by all means print along, but expecting things to be final during an iterative process is setting yourself up for disappointment.

If you’re looking for a ‘final product’ I suggest you check back in a few days, weeks, or months and/or purchase a PPB Shell kit from the DRI store when they are available.

Edit: not aimed at @Linny in particular, I just want to make sure everyone has properly set expectations here in that these kinds of projects are never 100% perfect/finished. Rev5+ is perfectly functional, the updates since are minor and largely aesthetic tweaks.

12 Likes

7 Likes

@Redeye if you want to get feedback on those I’m happy to throw them up in the sandbox repo

My printers are free today and loaded with TPU

7 Likes

I stand by this statement.

Also my outsides up rev6 came out pretty good. I did better on support material these passes. need to work on fitment to see if it’s good enough. I ended up going back to 0.2mm interface spacing because 0.3mm came out really really rough and I think not good enough for the mount point details of the other side of the case and the buttons.

Also i’m printing ABS and comparing my results to you easy PLA folk. :smiley:

anyhow. adventure time. fun. :slight_smile:

my outsides down puck puck bruce worked and I went riding with it. felt good.
ugly as f’ck though… almost no post processing. no @Jujo here. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Sure thing, here you go, one file with finger holes and one without. I’ve printed mine with zero supports and 5% infill.

Edit: stl files are not supported here to upload, how would you like me to send them to you?

7 Likes