Puck, Puck, Bruce!

Best slicer for supports hands down.

7 Likes

I’m interested in your prusa gcode to compare your Simplify3D supports to what I can achieve in prusa slicer.

7 Likes

The perfect printer :unamused: I tried to copy it… Then my nozzle assembly self destructed… still waiting on a full DD kit to come back in stock

4 Likes

Maybe you can also share the factory file? It would be nice to see your settings and see the manual support placement in case you did that.

4 Likes

Here’s my attempt at v6 using 0.15 line height and prusa supports. I used the screws from my Puck shell to see how they would work. Looks great overall, just need to fine tune the gap at some points joining the two halfs and get some button top screws.

12 Likes

That looks great! You’ll have to let us know how it feels on the road.

4 Likes

I assume you printed outer face up because otherwise your supports are miraculous.

any shots of the insides post and or pre removal of supports?

just getting back to trying v6 myself. doing insides up first to try fitment. then gonna try to get that sweet outsides up nice prints for fun and adventure.

4 Likes

Here’s some info on my print setup:

Orientation:

Printing at 0.1mm layer height, 70% infill.

Gcode for top & bottom via Simplify3d on Prusa MK3S, FFF profile, factory files:

The only thing left that’s bugging me is the USB port is a bit bigger than it needs to be (was intended on adding a magnetic USB plug instead). Going to think on this as I work on the lefty version tonight.

8 Likes

Yeah, same print orientation with outside facing up. The insides are pretty rough, but the buttons fit snug and everything is aligned. I just need to find the bumps causing the small gaps when closing her up.

I’m going to print @Andrew file to compare the supports as this is the second time someone has recommended Simplify3D for that job.

6 Likes

Looks like this bit doesn’t fit? Or is that just an optical illusion?

8 Likes

It’s close, but clears fine. Here is a shot of it closed up nice and snug now after removing a couple burrs.

8 Likes

@Andrew will a magnetic port come to existence in the righty version or only in the lefty?
That hole looks massive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

That charge port isn’t going to change that mag port left or right.

He literally had me changing everything with a micro to usb -c with those things. Ask my DieBieMS, TB esc’s, and phones. Haha

5 Likes

Link to the ones you use?

2 Likes

Nozzle size? Im excited to try out your gcode!

2 Likes

Get fucked Al :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

tenor (16)

10 Likes

:toolbox: :skateboard:

7 Likes

Your hole looks massive.

Its a Gen10 NetDot connector but I am doing a final fit confirmation before I trigger pull the MJF batch.

6 Likes

I have a few of those. Will they be included in the kits or a recommended buy?

4 Likes

I just ordered 10 of them, so I’ll likely include it with the kit and bump the price up a few dollars, maybe as an optional add-on. I’m trying to keep this first Puck, Puck, Bruce batch pretty small as it’s still new and fairly untested design and printing in MJF is still somewhat spendy (but oh so worth it).

8 Likes