Puck, Puck, Bruce!

13 Likes

That looks sweet :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Nice clean print! PLA? Does that larger thumb wheel nipple hit the shell if engaged all the way forward?

5 Likes

@Andrew would a component like this work?

https://products.rosenberger.com/radio-frequency/connectors/328569/m9k701-400l-straight-jack-pcb?c=11

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:6f71d5cf-ead3-4424-b270-50809942370b

5 Likes

Sure would if we didn’t already have a USB connection on the Puck PCB, and those are sweeeeet. But they’re also $50 per cable/panel connector set. :wink:

The NetDot is basically a $4 version of that.

6 Likes

:grin:

17 Likes

Haha i thought it was already available, i asked my mate to order me one of the ‘new’ thumbwheels when he made an order recently. Now i have an extra round one :joy:

My epoxy knob will have to to for now.

12 Likes

Knurled screws make great diy indentation rollers

metallics-everbilt-composite-fasteners-831448-64_300

5 Likes

eSun PLA+ :grin:

Yes it does. @Andrew I have some bad news haha. This thumbwheel is the STL that I got from hoyt, and looks identical to these:

A new rev may be needed to get full throttle throw out of these wheels with the big nub.

Personally I think im going to just adjust my throttle throw end in the VESC, because I dont think im losing a whole lot of throw.

Also Andrew I cant click the trim button downwards on this REV6 shell. Not that that matters, but hey, providing feedback :man_shrugging::joy:

10 Likes

This one seems to fit fine? I think those big nub thumbwheels will have to stick with the OG puck shell

9 Likes

I might just use the smaller version and screw in a bolt with a nice header

5 Likes

I’ll likely do a rev7 at some point and address this- I don’t even have the new knobwheel in hand to physically test with, so can’t catch all future hardware variants out the gate.

I’m juggling a lot this week with other remotes, but I’ll swing back around to this with the Lefty as well later this week.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Technically the other remote is a ‘Bruce’ too :wink:

Actually this entire project/exercise helps out with the OSRR/FreeSK8 project as it just took care of the Bruce2.0 design. I’ll take the exact same design primitive I started with here and just shell/feature it differently for the FreeSK8 Bruce.

12 Likes

A screened primitive feature?

5 Likes

Wow if I’m in love with this Bruce Puck, I can’t even begin to imagine how crazy I’ll be for the Bruce OSSR

5 Likes

Say what?

4 Likes

I like screens. But people try to cram in too much shit into them. Therefore, a screen for the most basic info (chosen from a menu of possibilities during programming) I want my battery life and possibly how many kmh I’m doing. I try to leave all phones at home when I ride. Keeps them safe and stops the wife from telling I’m gone too long :joy: but fucks with the fact I have no telemetry on my MBS

4 Likes

Have you seen the screen layout I did on OSRR? Even that felt a bit busy for me.

My design intent with the telemetry display is high-visibility, high-contrast, simple display for speed, voltage, odometer. Everything else can be on a 2nd screen that can be scrolled to via button press. I think critical stats like speed & voltage need to be easily read at a glance though.

13 Likes

Fair play :call_me_hand:

Got a link to that knob? :smiley:

5 Likes