Reply to "🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else"

What’s the thinking behind that ends only fish paper technique?
why ends only?
why wave it in and out with the battery rather than more of a strap across the pgroup? ( if that makes sense. )

3 Likes

Wow amazing @taz !!!
It has the same background as all of etoxx product images, that’s why I thought etoxx, sorry!

4 Likes

Battery needs to be fucking tight to fit in the enclosure. Without conforming to the shape of the cells, i can’t achieve the tight stagger i need.

Fishpaper on the ends only so that groups are still insulated from each other but i can still get glue from cell to cell between p groups. Papering the whole pack wouldn’t have worked for two reasons;

• its a lot harder to get that nice conformity to the cell shape with full size paper

• i wanted all the cells glued together and not relying on the fishpaper adhesive

Here’s how i glued the p groups together

7 Likes

My curiosity thanks you sir. As do I.

3 Likes

No need to apologize.
Having my work compared to Jens’ is a compliment.

2 Likes

I was wondering what’s up and meant to ask, from the top pick it looks like you only used a spot of glue top and bottom of the cell…

and then you made it all clear…

3 Likes

Helping @TheRef out since this one is a common mistake everyone makes (replies go here, main thread is pictures only)

@Benjamin you got that file homie? I can throw it up on ze GitHub.

4 Likes

My bad I tried to delete it right after I posted but I’m still new to the forum thing and had to get back to work… I will study up…

7 Likes

No big deal. 10 years dungeon.

8 Likes

That and penile flattening.

7 Likes

you’ve piqued my prurient interests now…

3 Likes

@TheRef which holder are you referring to?

1 Like

You gotta wait until Steamroller Tuesday.

2 Likes

3 Likes

looks like lube.

2 Likes

From the ride where i busted my wheel gear and disconnected the corresponding motor for the ride back to the car.

After I disconnected the motor, the unity was doing weird shit, like lulling and pulsing, and the metr record was all fucked up :rofl:

3 Likes

:joy: thought so. At 4A motor current it’s hard to reach that speed :wink:

3 Likes

The 4p ones on the left are winfly modules, the 8p trays are modified from @Lee_Wright’s glue guide.

3 Likes

I “think” he’s asking about the black squaring jig… wait can we still say jig in this politically charged atmosphere…

I meant “fixture” not jig… yeah the black squaring fixture

3 Likes

Awesome thank you!

2 Likes