Reply to "🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else"

you should throw a fingerboard on the ceiling.

9 Likes

You are seriously going to try this?

1 Like

Yes petg it pretty robust the pulley has 112grams of filament it appears to be pretty solid. I plan to add a gear drive to the trampa wheels eventually so it’s hard to justify $100 on metal pulleys…

1 Like

It will likely be fine, there is so much surface area on a pulley that large the teeth really don’t have to be that strong. But if a rock gets trapped I’m not sure which will give the belt or the pulley.

1 Like

I have esun PETG kegal pushfits pulleys on my daughters board, 300km plus and they still look fine, I have seen POM pulleys melt so may be possible to melt PETG with friction. I have a few rolls of ABS waiting on me to fit my swissmicro direct drive I may reprint it in ABS once it fit the swiss.

3 Likes

@Venom121212 Is this your new shop?? :hushed:

6 Likes

More like a second home. I do get unlimited access which is cool. Just bumped in to the owner skating around and he immediately knew my board was diy but not in a shitty way lol. Turns out the one other local diy esk8 guy near me just started teaching a laser cutting class there. Gonna be volunteering there asap.

9 Likes

Love the ergo design here, they did really nice work on this!

4 Likes

Bruh… do you even know what snow is? This is the lucky country… snow doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

Snow, Sand it’s all the same…never broken a belt but I have broken a gear drive. so giving chains a go…

5 Likes

Yeah i need to see if i can break chains too. Broken everything else :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Chains should do better than snow, maybe I should try to make something that fits my lacroix

5 Likes

@BillGordon and @Linny very nice work :+1:
Did you do a build thread or are we naming the build threads differently :thinking:

5 Likes

I’m definitely going to do one. This week for sure.

7 Likes

Ok I’ll work on my first one as well :wink::partying_face:

6 Likes

You got enough room for the rear to turn without motor/mount bite?

1 Like

Screenshot_20220527-181708_Kiwi_Browser__01
Screenshot_20220527-181755_Kiwi_Browser__01

Waiting patiently :heart:

2 Likes

Those look pretty nice! Clearly I haven’t been following the FOCer series closely enough.

Can you add a few more dimension photos? For some reason, I thought FOCers were really tall.

I don’t have them in hand as they where delivered to Germany, but according to @ShutterShock they are 86x86x29 mm.

2 Likes

It’s basically 29 with the screws

1 Like