STOBA Bomber 3kW "eBike"

Oh god, did you fuck your shit up too now??

5 Likes

Yea I had to have 3 surgeries and part of my femur removed a few months back, still not cleared to skate

5 Likes

what happened to you? Esk8 injury? IDK how I missed all these injuries on the ESN forum

5 Likes

I had osteomyelitis 12 years ago, which is chronic…and after I wrecked on my board, we found out that it had come back and was eating through my femur. So not directly related to my wreck, but we found it because of it!

8 Likes

wow, so in a way esk8 facilitated your way to getting treatment toward embetterment of your health!

7 Likes

Exactly! But I’m still not allowed to skate yet, so it’s Messing with my mental health now!

But I’ve been riding my bike more and this bike looks awesome.

8 Likes

one thing to note, this bike weighs over 100lbs

9 Likes

DOO ITTTT

How much of that is the battery? (config?)

5 Likes

IMO that’s light for a motorized bike. way back when i had an R6 it was (380)lbs/ (172)kg dry. (123) HP/(90) kW so that’s a power to weight of only 0.7/kg

i’d say your power to weight ratio is probably superior to many similar form factors out there, really nice work. still nervous about no front brake tho…

5 Likes

I think he is waiting on the rotor or that was a before picture. Plan was no brake. I pleaded, he laughed at me. A good deal popped up, so he decided to appease me. I can ride without a rear brake on a m/c or bike. Not as fast, but still can. No front brake and I’d die.

7 Likes

I was not even there for this conversation but I can vouch that this sounds like @Scepterr :joy:

7 Likes

12S 20Ah 14lbs
will be bumped to 24S 20Ah 28lbs when I get the RION VESC

6 Likes

will be installing rotor on the front today when changing tires

5 Likes

RION…Is that what Kevingrahl is working on?

4 Likes

The proper measurement is 2.6 GillBordons.

7 Likes

I believe Big Kev is indeed working with RION in some capacity.

2 Likes

yeppers, already got the 24S ready, just a matter of swapping.
It’s currently wired for dual adc throttle, it will be using a single throttle that does accel and braking, the same enclosed one used in the freesk8 remote

8 Likes

quick tire update… nothing goes as planned lol
this 26x2.8 tire has a larger diameter than the 26x3 it’s replacing which had a few mm gap from the fork arch, this tire was rubbing against the arch, a few minutes of haphazard dremeling and clearance achieved :grin:

10 Likes

I still want this bike…

8 Likes

definitely over half-chub @BillGordon

4 Likes