The Duck Dungeon

True. But for me I am excited to try it out, cause I may have about 0 extra space in my enclosure with this 12s10p 20700 battery!

4 Likes

However… you would likely be able to find an industrious company that supplies the port pre-wired.

4 Likes

This is exactly what got me thinking about the #FuckBMS life. That, and Al’s meaty 12s balance charger.

Definitely a lot more up front work. It wasnt quite as hard I expected to solder everything up, but its definitely tedious.

Yep and yep. I think it could be streamlined, and either way I think its worth it.

Hell yeah :love_you_gesture: and also less failure points inside the rattle-machines that we call skateboards

Perfect candidate. The GX20 port is only a little bit more enclosure real estate than a standard barrel jack!

:smirk::smirk::smirk:

8 Likes

That’s the one thing I’m worried about. I may have to go down to 12s9p cause that enclosure is stuffed full!

3 Likes

So here’s what the Duck is working on today.

IMG_20200915_190644

12s6p p42a for a customer,

PPB mod with a modded thumbwheel,

And my newest build, LoserCruiser. TeamGee H5 hub motors and ESC, with a custom 10s1p p42a battery on a Craptor 2 deck and enclosure. Took it out for a test ride, makes a pretty solid grocery getter! This deck is actually pretty nice, although extremely heavy!

9 Likes

Hey y’all. Been a bit. This is what I have been up to in my dungeon. Starting a webshop, shilling all kinds of odd sundries.

I, uh, “relocated” all of @Andrew’s DIY supply to my basement,

Set up a photo booth,

Took some product pics, and we are off to the races!

Having the extra income has been awesome, but it’s also just cool and rewarding to know that I can be a part of so many people’s battery building adventures :grin:

I also officially incorporated my business, Duck Battery Systems LLC. That was weird. Definitely didnt see myself here this time last year. But oh well, we’re having fun and kicking ass, so I say ONWARD!

21 Likes

Well done hombre. :metal:

5 Likes

Thanks man!

6 Likes

Looking good

The new international shipping also works for complete packs? Asking for a friend :wink:

6 Likes

I am looking into this possibility, and have plans to send my first overseas battery soon. If it does work, it’s going to be a very case-by-case basis, and will also require shipping the battery installed in an enclosure due to shipping regs.

5 Likes

may be silly, but for brick-style batteries wouldn’t printing an enclosure be easiest? flame retardent filament if you wanted to take it a step further because you know…

7 Likes

@CLUNT show them the micropeen condom

4 Likes

I have a bunch of these Lifepo4packs could you tell me what kind of bms is best.

2 Likes

They could have dropshipped this by drone from 1000ft lol

16 Likes

You weren’t kidding :rofl:

Solid shipping job there!

9 Likes

Hell yeah @glyphiks, that’s skookum as hell. I just default to cardboard stuffed to bursting with foam, strapped up tighter than a nun’s cunt with fiber packing tape. Has worked good for me so far :man_shrugging:

6 Likes