The Sandbox

Ahhhhhhhh was wondering why it’s… different now. Much improved I might say. :fire:

7 Likes

I have been planning on cataloging all of my parts so I can ask for some help combining them into the best builds that I can. I have something like 5-8 boards worth of parts and I can’t stop buying more.

I need to just frickin start the list somewhere

5 Likes

That’s what I never understand. How do people end up having extras?

I wanted a board.
I planned my board.
I planned my buys.
I bought.
I built.
I burned.
I rebought.
I rebuilt.
0 extras…

3 Likes

I built a board for about 3 tests and it breaks or I find I need something else.

3 Likes

I just change my mind lots. And like shiny stuff :joy:

5 Likes

I’m one of those
“it was a deal!”
kind of rationers

When my beanstalk will go I have no idea

6 Likes

I am Sean Hacker

10 Likes

No kidding, it’s easy to do here.

My first build ever, I didn’t use a single part that I bought when planning it out.

Every single part changed while I was building it and learning more. I had a full drive train, wheels, ,deck, enclosure…everything changed.

Except the battery, well it went from me planning on buying one to me making my own.

5 Likes

oh thank god you say that. 90% of my build is exactly that

5 Likes

Yep, only thing that’s still OG is the esc and battery

3 Likes

this from the guy who can’t get a just the bit of wire or heatshrink he needs from addison without getting extra :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not accurate. I don’t get extra. I get everything else

3 Likes

I finally joined the Patreon Gang

8 Likes

Yea, but how do you think Jason feels now that he lost his only patron??

6 Likes

Received my robogotchi two weeks ago, decided to wait till after apple valley races to mess with boards and install it. crashed and dislocated my elbow at the races. still recovering. can probably install now… but sheesh.

i’ve gone from DIY slow to slower.

:sob:

ok… that’s my pity party. thanks…

12 Likes

:frowning:

Heal up man! Hoping to a quick recovery.

6 Likes

I’m debating on whether to send back my 60d and get one with functional uart ports or not. I only use my remote telemetry for esc temp really but it’s pretty important when I’m pushing it.

I asked if I could split off the rx and tx off the existing uart port as that’s all I’m using for the remote but radio silence.

Wonder if that uart splitter would play nicely or not.

5 Likes

I really feel like this is the wrong solution for this problem. I personally can’t get behind trusting a blackbox on a critical control signal. And no, you can’t split of tx/rx off the pins, it puts you in danger of packet collisions which can cause unexpected behavior.

6 Likes

NOOO!!! Credit for going for it, though. Pretty sure I would pee my pants at the prospect.

5 Likes

BTW, did everyone see that Dash won a race against some pretty damn stiff competition? Congrats, @DEEIF !

9 Likes