The ultimate workbench!...?

This is so dope!

2 Likes

I definitely need to get me an orbital sander

2 Likes

They’re handy, I sanded my whole 12’x16’ deck with it for refinishing.
On skateboards you have to be careful at the edges though. It’s easy to go too far and round down and go through your top layer. I will probably use a mouse style for the perimeter in the future. On the vanguard I wore through the bottom veneer to the FG in a couple spots.
I’d probably keep a clear natural finish on it had I not.

Just finished reshaping this one and sanded it down gonna clear frit it

5 Likes

Nice! That’s satisfying shit there. Good call on clear.

1 Like

8 Likes

Moving slow but making progress

3 Likes

I paid almost nothing for this workbench and still my waste is so minimal… it makes me sick how much we as humans throw away… I could still find stuff to do with a lot of this too… if there were only more hours in a day

5 Likes

Square off those 1x10s or 12s and send me them over and I’ll make you a bowl.

2 Likes

Not much to those … ha I’m using the rest of them as drawer faces I think.

1 Like

I’m thinking of sanding this down a bit and doing a Bar-top epoxy. Anyone have experience in that? I was gonna practice a fabric in lay but I spent too much time on it to cover it up…

5 Likes

Construction dumpsters are sad, I take shit loads of good lumber out of them. I encourage metal scrappers to grab shit as long as they don’t leave a mess.

3 Likes

a snippit of my bar. Make sure the bottom is sealed like a mason jar. That shit will find any and every pinhole there is.

3 Likes

Good advice… I was thinking it would be thicker…

1 Like

I have tons of this aluminum extrusion in different lengths… we use it to mull windows together. I’m gonna use it as bracing for my CNC have a bunch of steel 90s that fit into the slot as well.

4 Likes

Depends on the epoxy. I’ve done probably 20 bar tops. And even the thickest of pours if there’s a weak spot it’s going to find it. The best way is making a trough for it to sit in. But that’s a whole lot more work.

1 Like

I’ll just throw some plastic underneath it and seal it

1 Like