3D Printed Battery/ESC enclosure for top mount eMTB

There is a print pause feature in the prusa slicer. I haven’t tried cura yet but I’m sure that feature is in there.

I’m using it to add threaded nuts to hold down the internal “battery tray” that keeps the lipos from crashing into my esc.

3 Likes

What’s your length and width? That looks bigger than will fit on my printer

2 Likes

208 x 162

I must look into this print pause feature…

2 Likes

It’s great to embed nuts for stronger threads. Just pause at the layer that covers them. I use a bit of glue sometimes so the print head does not pull them out.

Works for magnets too.

4 Likes

I wanted to get in on the max-your-printer-out game :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: 38 hours total.

8 Likes

me likey

1 Like

Is that printed an a raft?

1 Like

I was wonder the same.

Very nice @tomiboi78!

No, there’s a camfer on the bottom. That’s just a support.

1 Like

Did you ever weigh your enclosure to see if you beat the peli case?

Edit:
@Kilow did you delete the github files? I’d love a copy if you’re willing. Need to make a jump bro nese enclosure!

2 Likes

2lbs 8 oz. With all the wires but no esc. Let me check the git hub. It should be there but I’ll put them back up if they are not

3 Likes

So basically saved me the weight of the esc case and pull the center gravity in closer to center.

3 Likes

Ok, put the file (fusion file) back up or maybe I forgot to ever add it. I don’t remember

5 Likes

That’s wild you managed to put together a custom case at the same weight. Probably stiffer and stronger with the plates.

Appreciate the fusion files! Just realized the prusa’s max bed size (250x210) is perfect for a ~12s6p.

Edit:
To answer my own questions, for anyone else who finds this. This design uses:

5 Likes

Hi need some help on how to get it to cura

The .f3z file is an assembly of the whole model of parts in Fusion 360 CAD tool. You can download that from autodesk and use it for free. Ignore them asking you to get a subscription.

Once it’s open you select the part you want to print, I believe you right click, and export it to a mesh file (stl). Make sure you increase the resolution in the output options. That stl will drop right into Cura. You might also be able to do it with a step format but I don’t use cura, so I’m not sure.

I posted it as a open source CAD model mostly so people could mess around with it, change dimension and such.