A smaller, simpler Puck | 3D-printed and CNC-milled

Hey guys!
This is my first post here. I’m excited about this forum. Here is a run that I took at the Hoyt St. Puck. For me the Puck is kind of large and awkward. Also, the grip-tape isn’t working with me. Those were the main problems that I wanted to confront. This design isn’t really anything fancy, but it fits in your hand and pocket nicely. It’s a practical design.

I recently bought a 3D printer that works and it encouraged me to try to improve my Fusion 360 skills. This Puck enclosure was one of my first projects. I’ve refined my design quite a bit. It prints up easily and the guts snap in place well.

I also made a CNC version. I didn’t import .stl files from F360 for the CNC enclosure. I built it from scratch in my CAM software using vector based tool-paths and different bits. This tends to get better results than “reverse 3D-printing” from .stl files with the CNC router.

The battery housing needs to be removed to get this enclosure to fit. Also, the three plastic stems by thumbwheel need to be trimmed. I used a 650 mah battery because the stock battery didn’t fit. That’s that :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is a link to the .stl files for the 3D printed version on thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4773674

13 Likes

Hey how ya doing? Welcome. Heinz 57 or A1?

6 Likes

Nice work, I like the minimalist approach. The LEDs will shine through most plastics I assume, but what about the wood shells?

3 Likes

I used clear PETG buttons to solve that problem :slightly_smiling_face:

It looks kind of demon-possessed :smiling_imp:

10 Likes

I’ve got gigantic meat hooks but especially interested in printing this for my kid. I’ve got around 40hours of projects on deck but I’ll print toward end of the weekend.

3 Likes

There are too many contingencies. It’s hard for me to decide :grin:

2 Likes

Nice mini puck

2 Likes

Thanks man, I was just on your thread admiring your work :joy: Happen to have any of those trigger PCBs laying around?

2 Likes

Sure. PM me your address and I’ll send you one

3 Likes

I really like that one. Pretty sweet looking. Shit.

2 Likes

Nice work @tomiboi78! Another Colorado dude!

A-1 is one of my favorite drinks!

2 Likes

Light Wood Good

2 Likes

owo, now you got me thinking of whenever I used the reverse button… lol

I was inspired by people’s Puck’s and started a sexy, ergonomic T-spline rendition of this. Coming soon :blush:

2 Likes

t spline??

1 Like

Yeah, like what Kilow did. With t-spline modeling you can make fancy organic forms.

3 Likes

ahhhh I see I see, can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

Start with a cylinder with about the right amount of sections. Also, use the symmetry function, without it, you will get lost.

4 Likes