Best Pneumie tires

Im doing a build using lacroix hypertrucks.

Whats everyones recommendations for AT pneumatig tires to be used routinely for long range (40+mile rides)?

Obviously, id prefer something that can handle higher pressures, as that would decrease my rolling resistance, and I’m assuming 6” would be better than 8’s, so what do you have?

Been looking at the trampa hypa whees with urban treads (6”) and the MBS rockstar II’s with the roadie tires(8”). Does anyone have any input on these? Or know what kind of pressures they can handle?

3 Likes

a cheaper option since you will use belts with the hypertrucks, would be evolve hubs and their 6’’ wheels. evolve 6’’ last longer than the urban treads.

2 Likes

I was wondering if those would fit, im a metrox guy now so their setup is totally different (and similar to evolve) thanks!

3 Likes

Evolve hubs have a 22mm bearing seat that will only work for 8 and 10mm axles

5 Likes

Sooo… break it down for the dumb guy…

Theyre not gonna work?

3 Likes

Yeah they wont

Good hubs would be MBS Rockstar 2s

Simple, cheap, well designed

5 Likes

Perfect. Thanks!

2 Likes

Trampa 165mm urban treads are nice. Will take a lot of pressure, good grip and comfort.
They are basically bergmeister-big-brothers.
Not the longest lasting as they are pretty soft compound.

4 Likes

Thanks! Ill look at them too. The only sucky thing about them is the shipping from the UK :weary:

But, if theyre worth it, i may order a few sets.

2 Likes

Loads of people use 8" wheels on street carvers these days

5 Likes

Yeah, ive got 190mms on my metrox, and i like them well enough, but i really like the 155mm’s better, the height feels more natural. But, they absolutely murder range because theyre so much flatter and a have a larger surface contact patch. :frowning:

3 Likes

Their shipping is pretty cheap, considering it gets to the other side of flat earth in 2-3 days.
I think I paid $20-25 last time I ordered tires.

metro155 and trampa165 feel very different. It’s like sports car vs. SUV difference xD
But consumption will be way better on the trampas.

4 Likes

Good to know! I figured as much since the trampas can run a much higher PSI than the metros.

2 Likes

are you buying your trucks from lacroix directly?

the price includes mbs hubs and tires. ( and motor pulleys, and motor mounts. )

4 Likes

Yep. I am. Im just seeing whats iut there that might give me a bit better range.

3 Likes

So they really aren’t as expensive as I thought they were…

3 Likes

Same! The sticker shock as wsomething else! Then i realised what all you got, haha!

3 Likes

I found some no-name 12x26x8 bearings to run my Aliexpress 6x2s on matrix trucks. I’m running these tires currently at 60psi and the sidewall says max 70psi. The bearings haven’t crapped out yet after 100 miles and these tires are the most durable ones I have used so far.

4 Likes

caught me red handed there, i forgot. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Got a link?

1 Like