Cave Of Wonder

Had some issues with the workbee last month :frowning:

Looks like the Z-motor connector went high resistance for some reason and cooked its self :frowning:

This caused the Z to plunge into an aluminium part mid job which was not fun. Good reminder why you should never leave a cnc running without supervision.

Took the opportunity to give the Workbee a good clean whilst fixing. One of the things that i have never liked about the workbee is how the main board just kind of hangs out in the open on the back somewhere.

The fans cause it to pic up so much small dust. Might have to move this off the frame at some point and put it in some sort of external box somewhere.

ANYWAY . . . . .

New battery PCB’s came in.

Started finally fitting the new drives to the 4wd Lonestar.

Realised it needs a full strip and clean to get all the river gunk out of all the cracks and crevices of the hyper trucks.

Plus spent some time with @Lee_Wright filming videos in APEX Studio B.

Also . . . . .

Hes been talking me into getting back into FPV drones.

Modded my transmitter so that i can use it in the sim and get some practice in. Remember how addictive flying is. Spending time in the sim has woken the need to get a drone in the air again.

Smashed this guy up good a couple of years ago flying bandos and then got distracted by esk8.
but decided it was time to fix it up and see if any lipos still alive.

New cam and VTX and its back up and running after all this time.

Friday i got the first chance to go out and fly. So much fun. I forgot how quick a 5" can be, traveling the length of a field in a few seconds. Also forgot how shit my old goggles are, maybe its time to look into a dji digital system.

Esk8 + FPV is a great hobby combo. Looking forward to some awesome mid ride rips.

13 Likes

Dang, I’ve totally forgotten about my drones.

I’m gonna grab my Radio and fire up the sim too now that I’m not skating…

5 Likes