So what does a year’s worth of projects look like?
(Warning, this ended up much longer than i planned.)
The day i picked up the keys was also the same day i finished my first AT build.
Then we finished my friends build.
This 12s1p pack was my first project on the CNC.
Made a single focbox case for my street board and started building an OSRR
Finished my OSRR.
Designed new DUAL ESC case for the street board.
Skinned it and fitted it.
upgrade to dual motors.
Prototype “mega deep” deep dish adapter for megastars.
Made some Christmas presents for family.
Started prototyping V2 megadeep hub wideners.
Christmas party costume. Theme was intelligence, I went as a “HIGH IQ” (yes i learnt to walk in stilts for that).
First aluminium parts on the CNC
Stripped some wet batteries
Got in some 3D Servisas parts for my 4wd build . . . and a few extras for friends.
Designed and made a remote prototype
CNC work on my BIGBOI deck for my upcoming 4WD.
Built my drives.
Test fit with wheels. Really liking how this is working out so far.
After damaging my carver enclosure i started thinking about converting my main board to top mount.
One of a few failed attempts to make parts in aluminium.
Gave up and swapped to printed parts and polycarbonate.
Finished the move to top mount ESC ready for moving to top mount battery.
Started prototyping more case designs
Made an egg holder
Started experimenting with printed cell holders.
Made some shiny’s for @PixelatedPolyurethan
Designed and printed a case for the 12s6p pack.
Gave up on the case and covered it in heatshrink instead.
Put it on the street board so i could ride with the GF
Made some spot welding probes for when i get around to making a CNC spot welder.
Machined some cell holders for a new top mount pack.
18s4p cause i figured storm-core would be here by the time i had finished.
Stormcore 100D Upgrade and new enclosure.
Test riding with the 12s6p finally in a case
Teardown of a lonestar that went in a canal
Stripped down the street board so that the GF could build a small AT board to join on group rides.
Worked out well but now im without a pack again
So time to finish the 18s pack.
Also have to charge from boost module off my 12s charger.
No enclosure but need to ride so this will have to do.
Printed deck flaps and funky grip tape put the finishing touches on GF’s board.
Designed and CNC’d a battery case for the 18s pack.
Designed a 12s8p pack to fit the Trampa monster box for APEX CUSTOMS.
And built a few.
Designed some motor adapters for lacroix motors to fit standard gear drives.
Then upgraded the stormcore board to 140kv motors for insane torque.
And i finaly got around to getting the new battery case mounted on the stormcore board.
Finally feel like this board is back in a place where its almost finished again for a while. at least long enough for me to divert my attention back to the 4WD project that has just been collecting dust.
I realise that most of this has probably been a long incoherent mess of random different things but it feels like that just how it goes for me.