Discourse 101 text formatting

Here are all the text formatting techniques I know of. If you have one I don’t, say it :slightly_smiling_face:

Italic lettering can be done by using β€œ*” before and after the wanted words.

Bold lettering can be done by using β€œ**” before and after the wanted words.

Bold italic lettering can be done by using β€œ***” before and after the wanted words.

Underlining can be done by using β€œ[u]” before and β€œ[/u ]” after the wanted words (remove space after u)

Strikethrough can be done by using β€œ~~” before and after the wanted words

Big lettering can be done by using β€œ< big >” before and after the wanted words (remove spaces)
Can be used multiple times in a row to increase effect

Small lettering can be done by using β€œ< small >” before and after the wanted words (remove spaces)
Can be used multiple times in a row to increase effect

You can hide a word by placing it in the β€œ<>”
I use this to hide the β€œ10char”

Hyperlinks (words leading elsewhere when clicked) can be done by highlighting the text you want to add a link to, and tapping the β€œLink” button.

Lists can be done with 2 methods
Either using asterisks or numbers
You will want to have an asterisk (*) or a sequence of numbers (for ex.: 1.)in front of your list items
If you want to give the list a subcategory kinda look, add 2 spaces in front of the asterisk or number.

The options gear icon has the possibility of hiding text, blurring text and building polls for voting upon (will not explore as this is mostly above me)

15 Likes

Here you go @glyphiks

4 Likes

Does it look good or should I change something?

3 Likes

Legend!

I do italics with a single β€˜*’ before and after the word

And bold italics with β€˜***’ before and after :+1:

3 Likes

One asterisk is simpler indeed. Changed it. There are other ways of doing most of em but some get touchy, especially on a phone

3 Likes

Markdown

6 Likes

@Venom121212 Thx for letting me know I spent an hour writing this on my phone for nothing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Its pretty much the same with slightly better wording. I didn’t include blocks and preformats in mine as if you have a use for them, you already know how to use them.

3 Likes

I discover this when I made my first thread in the other forum :rofl: actually useful af, also hiding a rickroll has never been easier

4 Likes