DougM's Hoyt Pro [Puck Design Contest Entry]

Finally assembled the shell @PixelatedPolyurethan printed for me.

A couple of notes:

1. On one hand I wish you had made the shell accommodate the standard middle piece from the puck. Louis had to print that part like 3 times, and it took a lot of sanding and drilling to make it work. Also lost the spring in the process, lol. On the other hand, this remote really is slim and pocketable, which is awesome.
  2. There’s no lanyard holes :confused: Guess I could have drilled them myself.
  3. The fit is way too tight, I had to cut out AND sand down from the inside the opening for the USB port. I stuck some epoxy there afterwards to cover the hole up.

1. Idk if it’s due to the bad printing tolerances or what, but the throttle goes to the side, and you can kinda click it back and forth. Not noticeable while riding fortunately.

1. The blue lenses completely block out the red leds, who would have thought? :laughing:

2. The tight fit somehow blocks the vibrator. Or it just broke while I was assembling, not sure. :frowning:

But overall, way more ergonomic than the original puck, and even better than the bruce I would say. Thank you! :heart:

3 Likes

I don’t think my printer was 100% calibrated tolerance-wise, but I was probably out by maybe 0.2mm max, not enough to cause such a gap between the nob and the case. Glad it doesn’t affect the riding!

out of curiosity, did you have to sand the holes where the buttons come through or was that fine?

1 Like

Looks like it could fare well with lower profile buttons. The poastmote buttons are nice and slim, should work well

Plus they look cool when you print them multicolour

3 Likes

It was fine, although the trim button can no longer be pressed downwards. Not that it matters, dunno what that button is even there for.

2 Likes