Evan's room isnt on fire yet!?

Making this thread because I’m gonna have a few boards coming through the shop (my room)

I’m excited to post about it, so I’m making this thread.

I don’t know what to name it, so this will have to do :rofl:

Agenda:
Ugly Evolve budget restoration (arriving aug 26 2021)
Water damaged Kaly XL2.0
My personal 12s8p Kaly build!

12 Likes

Ok, the evolve arrived and things already aren’t going as planned. I originally was putting a makerx dv4 and a fs antispark in there but that isn’t gonna fit, so I’m giving him my unity.

Also, the gasket I 3d printed doesn’t line up with the holes, so I gotta figure out an alternative.




3 Likes

This is the one I use. Its a really good fit

4 Likes

yeah I dont know what file he sent me but it wasn’t this. I told him to get an eboosted enclosure and call it a day as he’ll have space for a small buck converter and his leds.

3 Likes

Omg this board haha

Does he live near you

1 Like

Yep, he’s even younger than me, so I offered to install everything for free. He’s wasted so much money buying shit and used parts I couldn’t bear to watch anymore :joy:

3 Likes

Water damaged kaly20 rolled in. The rust is extremely concerning but battery works fine. Unity is dead though

4 Likes

OwO
Ill probably be in the ESK8 news discord server tomorrow building this pack live!

5 Likes

Update on everything

Water damaged Kaly2.0

ok so basically this thing is toast. It’s the old ABS enclosure, so it needs one of Ernesto’s shiny new CF enclosures, new battery and a new esc. Battery PCB is rusty asf. Unity is kinda working but it’s not to be trusted because of the amount of water that got in, and I can’t even take the ESC/battery out of the old enclosure as an insane amount of hot glue and VHB holds everything in.

My DIY Kaly

This battery has been hell. After finding a functional layout, I’m having problems soldering the series connections. The solder basically refuses to stick. I have to rough up the nickel beyond belief, and heat it up for a long time before it finally sticks.


Like this connection wasn’t good enough and was pulled right off with some force.

4 Likes

hmm I would have like to see a vid clip of trying to solder it then pulling it off.

Maybe a solution if It was a big problem would be soldering the wire to nickel then welding that on.

I should have updated this. With help of people much smarter than me, we came to the conclusion that my iron was too hot and it was burning away all of the flux. An upgrade to a pinecil allowed me to keep my temperature in check and everything is rock solid

This is the most recent picture I have but I’ve fixed some of the balance leads.

3 Likes