FreeBOX V6 ESC

What is that?

:thinking:

2 Likes

Looks very much like the ill-fated JEDBOX 4
Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.06.56 am

3 Likes

Dangerous allegations!

The jedbox4 was a 1:1 copy of a v1.7 Focbox.

@Movation heyooo

5 Likes

Only with crusty wave soldering, and Alibaba grade components Jed took a solid design and botched the implementation.

4 Likes

Call me interested

6 Likes

So you put this on Potters forum to poke him a bit? It’s not V6 based right so not actual Freesk8 ESC?

3 Likes

He has zero right to feel anything. Complaining people stole his designs when he took the open source designs, didn’t publish anything, profit from the comunites work without giving anything back. Then back stab all the engineers. He can eat a dick.

5 Likes

Have to disagree with that. He should feel all the shame but most of all he should feel a pain looking at other successful and respected people in esk8 industry knowing that he’ll never have that :slight_smile:

My question was more to know is that a Freesk8 ESC but I think it’s not.

4 Likes

The designs are in the public domain. Someone in the community has provided the missing files. BOM, Drill and PNP. It’s not hard to find. You can order the boards from jlpcb, PCBWAY ext. You can also order a 80% completed boards. you do have to hand solder the driver and some connectors, shunts and caps.

5 Likes

Updates?

2 Likes

There’s an interesting and much-needed development in the works which will delay this project but make it way better.

11 Likes

Much excite. Can confirm.

4 Likes

Spill some beans!!!

4 Likes

Cannot.

@andrew has each of us on a remote-controlled, razor-sharp testicle apparatus with cam/mic. He says, and I quote, “You spill the beans, I spill the beans.”

15 Likes

Plus we don’t want to piss off someone who probably has our robogotchi pins logged. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some way to remote into our boards. That crafty robot.

7 Likes

How else are we supposed to play IRL Mario Kart?

5 Likes
7 Likes

Ah…that’s the perk he told me came with my overlord Patreon. Interesting

Ps: stop scratching your balls next to your board, mic picks up too many decibels and that’s not part of the startup process…yet

5 Likes

Did we ever get our hands on the neobox dual Gerber files I still have 10 X V6 I need to get motivated to populate. I am sure unity “style” files will be available soonish.

3 Likes

Was there ever any proof that was anything more that more vaporware & lies?

We’ve been having a number of internal discussions on the ESC topic. Realistically, we’re probably not going to approach this until 2022 as we’d like to focus on building out our existing FreeSK8 roadmap.

9 Likes