FreeSK8 Remote (OSRR 1.0) Updates

Game over, do not insert coin, go to another machine.

Hard decision to stomach, but the right one. What would suck is if future platform improvements got rid of this problem but that can’t be a given or waited upon.

Like the bigger screen/batt plan

6 Likes

How about the ppm aka pwm receiver? If I remember right there was one basic option via ppm in making as well. Is it still on the list of possibilities for the remote, or was it by now cancelled?

4 Likes

Yep. The plan is to offer up to dual PWM output from the OSRR 1.0 Receiver once we it’s tested fully. We’ll have the ports broken out.

:slight_smile:

Good to have you aboard @Andy87 !

9 Likes

Can’t wait for the bamboooooo Bruce :joy::ok_hand:

10 Likes

So what do you still needs to do before you go in production. When are we likely to be able to buy this?

3 Likes

You can see the rough timing here:

Great breakdown here:

5 Likes

When can I get my OSRR dong?

6 Likes

@Andrew or someone else could you guys print me a new OSSR Case? I’ve been told the one I’m getting from Sn4Pz is a tad beat up to say the least…

7 Likes

Gotchoo. I’ve got a bunch left over from the beta, shoot me a PM and we’ll get ya sorted out.

10 Likes

Andrew I need your helping setting up this remote :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

How’s the beta going?

5 Likes

We’ll have an update on this project sometime next week!

Edit: Oops I told a lie. I’m busy & working too much, gimme a break. Updates soon.

16 Likes

Would you ever just sell the remote internals without the enclosure?

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay on expected update here, have been juggling a few things and have been wanting to get this project to a certain point so that we have some substantial progress to show. Expect an update on this over the weekend.

Totally! A “Print Your Own Shell” style kit with just the internals/thumbwheel is definitely in the cards.

7 Likes

Pretty sure I know the answer but is the osrr shell configurable file public?

4 Likes

14 Likes

Will it come with a spare F5 key I think I broke mine

6 Likes

We are busy doing stuff & things. :wink: One of the reasons we’re not doing pre-orders is so that we can take the time we need to design these devices exactly as we want them.

Truth be told, we’ve just been slammed getting the Robogotchi & GPS hardware built up & the FreeSK8 Mobile App over the finish line to get beta rolling. We’ve got a total of 7 devices we’re releasing with FreeSK8’s initial launch, which is no easy task to juggle. We also made some design changes to the BMS when we switched over from NRF to ESP32 on the remote/core, so that took some additional time to incorporate.

We are making steady progress forward on FreeSK8 System as a whole; sometimes development takes longer due to scope creep or limits of the human mind & body under the effects of extended sleep deprivation.

I will give a more comprehensive update on this when we have new beta hardware in-hand. Which will be soon. Robogotchi beta is launching over the next week, so that has priority at the moment.

Yes, the answer as always- on Github:

17 Likes

Good Move mate, nrf dev is a nightmare compared to esp Audruino/Python, not to mention much easier to do user upgradability. This is going to be the best remote by far.

8 Likes

Getting a good night’s sleep is sooooo important when coding. Or doing anything in life, for that matter.

About a year ago I decided to prioritize sleep over studies and work, and although it took me a while to get used to admitting failure to people when I don’t finish something on time, overall I feel happier and more productive during the time I do work, not to mention the health benefits. Besides, those missed study and work deadlines mean nothing after a few months.

Usually going to bed late is due to procrastination, so you really don’t loose much by just stopping early and getting some good sleep. And if you don’t agree with that, then please spend your procrastination time today by listening to the podcast Joe Rogan did with sleep expert Mathew Walker, because he’ll definitely convince you!

(Apologies to everyone who thought this notification was a freesk8 remote update :stuck_out_tongue: )

10 Likes