FreeSK8 Remote (OSRR 1.0) Updates

Getting a good night’s sleep is sooooo important when coding. Or doing anything in life, for that matter.

About a year ago I decided to prioritize sleep over studies and work, and although it took me a while to get used to admitting failure to people when I don’t finish something on time, overall I feel happier and more productive during the time I do work, not to mention the health benefits. Besides, those missed study and work deadlines mean nothing after a few months.

Usually going to bed late is due to procrastination, so you really don’t loose much by just stopping early and getting some good sleep. And if you don’t agree with that, then please spend your procrastination time today by listening to the podcast Joe Rogan did with sleep expert Mathew Walker, because he’ll definitely convince you!

(Apologies to everyone who thought this notification was a freesk8 remote update :stuck_out_tongue: )

10 Likes

Still waiting on the new hardware to arrive?

3 Likes

Think we’re not quite at the remote stage yet.

Next stops: BMS and antispark

2 Likes

Unless it’s changed thay were after GPS has come early befor the remote

1 Like

I’d say it has changed. We’re already beta testing the gps

1 Like

tenor (11)

3 Likes

If the dong is not coming next, I’m gonna take it up with HR

6 Likes

Horse ressource?

3 Likes

Hacker resource

4 Likes

Dong will be in you guy’s hands as soon as it’s humanly possible. :wink:

9 Likes

We all know Andrew is a robot. He’ll have it done before any deadline…

DRI is not held responsible for any of my comments :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Just wanted to know if @glyphiks got the dong he was looking for?

4 Likes

Still waiting, longing desperately for dong.

6 Likes

Well lemme know if you don’t receive the dong soon. I will cover your dong needs.

5 Likes

Im starting to suspect you two might not be talking about an esk8 remote…

9 Likes

Oh shit wrong forum.

6 Likes

First pass design on the FreeSK8 Remote PCB/internals is done and being sent off for a prototype run.

Current specs:

• Cybertech Hall-Effect Milspec Thumbwheel
  • ESP32 MCU w/ 16meg flash
  • Xbee3 2.4ghz DSSS Radio
  • 1.3" TFT IPS LCD
  • Haptic Vibration motor + driver
  • 90db Buzzer
  • 12-bit 4-Channel ADC
  • 2x Joystick/Thumbwheel/Trigger inputs
  • Up to 3 buttons, externally mounted for flexibility in design.
  • USB-C charging
  • LED-Push button for on/off

The internal PCB will have its own frame/enclosure that houses a battery slot. Trying to make this as modular as possible so its easy to design different style grip enclosures around a uniform internal module. Here’s an example from an earlier design:

Will have some more progress updates to share once new hardware arrives. Cheers!

21 Likes

Will these buttons be configurable to control items such as:

or

6 Likes

This is awesome.

So if I’m understanding you right, we open up our shell, pop this module out, and pop it into another shell? (over simplifying it i’m sure but you get the idea)

6 Likes

That’s the idea, borrowed from the RC aircraft/drone world where the handheld remote usually has a ‘TX Module’ in it that is swappable. The new shell designs I’m working on (The Bruce Strikes Back / Dongzilla) have a slot for the Remote Module that it pops right into.

11 Likes