FreeSK8 AS Power Switch

Let’s keep the majority of the talk about the FreeSK8 Anti-spark/power switch in here.

14 Likes

lacking in talk so far. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We’re still waiting for the band to take the stage.

Personally, I’m jacked for this because my Flipsky Enhanced AS didn’t work out, and I miss RTS and auto-shut off immensely.

6 Likes

5 Likes

I am running one of those 2020 FS enhanced switches on my 10S build and I purchased a couple of extras in a recent GB. What happened with yours? Did it let out the magic smoke?

I am excited to see what features FreeSK8 brings to the antispark table. Personally, I would like to be able to turn the board on and off from the remote.

Features aside, longevity is the most important feature for any antispark switch.

4 Likes

It still makes no sense, but I was getting a weird stutter where one motor would cut out and pitch me sideways. Checked all wiring/soldering. Stutter. Replaced motors. Stutter. Swapped in a new esc. Stutter. Switched battery. Stutter.

Then I finally pulled the Enhanced, and haven’t had a single stutter since.

Yup, absolutely.

4 Likes

Does it look anything like this?

4 Likes

No, it’s this one:

Yours looks like the Maker-X version.

4 Likes

Tell me they’re at least putting a DRI sticker over the top. Gotta get value somewhere.

3 Likes

I thought you were asking about my faulty AS, not the upcoming FreeSK8 unit. Hell will freeze over before the robotic one puts his label on anyone else’s electronics, let alone fucking Flipsky.

5 Likes

so even the FS Enhanced version break easily? :eyes:
I’m in need of antispark as on off switch, I guess the FS one is no go?

3 Likes

You do know I’m not being serious, right? Recall the BMS pic?

3 Likes

Seems to be working out for others, but I won’t trust it again.

3 Likes

Sorry, whoosh on me. I was too focused on clarity to pay proper heed.

4 Likes

cool thanks, i will give it one shot :joy:

4 Likes