FreeSK8 Robogotchi/GPS Module

That is three Ikea “Lack” tables stacked up lol. Look up “Prusa Lack enclosure” and you will find build guides.

4 Likes

I didn’t plug in the gps, same thing I guess

Love the auto record, it does disconnect from the app when I try an update, then it is no longer discoverable

2 Likes

That work just as well or better than a prusa. :rofl:

3 Likes

Small but underrated, getting out for delivery emails from the seller :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Come again? I was talking about b1 button being stuck due to my shabby first run button printing efforts. If it’s starting up to the easter egg game, that means b1 is stuck down. Should be able to wiggle it or just remove the TPU buttons and replace with new prints

Are you following this guide? About to push a new firmware version up, but what you’re describing is expected, you just need to move to the next step.

4 Likes

In other news, firmware release notes have been updated on the first post here. We will be publishing the firmware open source (of course) in the near future, we really just need some more time to do some cleanup & add some inline comments to make it a bit more readable. ie: we gotta clean up our house a bit before we invite folks over :wink:

5 Likes

I guess I owe you a beer

3 Likes

This would be really cool, a bunch of customizable screens would be perfect
Or a few, a main one for when riding, and multiple others
One for the BMS would be a first addition in my view

1 Like

Can I use mine as a dash on my scooter to show speed and current? Would be freaking amazing ifso

2 Likes

Take it back. Haha

1 Like

Can confirm even a shitty iPhone 6 can run the update procedure.

The nRF connect app looks a little different but works fine. Do NOT use the zipfile on a shared platform like Google drive or bad things happen. Even offline file, this maybe iPhone weirdness tho.

I got the file really on the iPhone using iCloud & ensured it synced locally. Then DFU update works

FreeSK8 app recognized the update once a reboot took place and Robogotchi applied the f/w

6 Likes

Made some test bench logs and synced, wondering what this error is, any way to record the fault on-screen in typical fault format?

Edit: that was the only error that didn’t have a human readable description, I did see other errors with typical codes after a shakedown run. In an arm sling now, seems like I wanted to even up my shoulder damage.

@skate420 loving the app, switching to sensorless FOC after realising your cabes are too short was very easy, so far no regrets on leaving the Metr Pro out.

One enhancement would be to borrow the idea of having a TCP Bridge in order to be able to connect Vesc tool on the desktop to the board.

5 Likes

Is there any embeddable view of logs from the cloud?

1 Like

Not yet but it is a desired feature :slight_smile:

We do have a modified version of the VDLA project hosted that will accept Robogotchi log files. I believe the charting api is not up to the task on mobile devices but works fairly well on a computer. I can share a link in the telegram beta chat for anyone interested

4 Likes

There are a number of tasks related to improving the fault handling in the system. Right now the Robogochi will display the current fault in the real time view and a count of faults seen in connection status view. Internally the Robogotchi is tracking which fault codes have been seen but this information has not been made available in the mobile application just yet. Initially, what I was thinking is allowing the fault indicator in the moble app to be tapped to view the list of faults that have occured.

Do you have an example of a format you’d like to see? I’ll try to incorporate as much as possible.

I will add this to our list of desired features!

4 Likes

Perfect, with a corresponding time stamp maybe

Errrm not sure, shareable like Metr with geo stuff like the app view but in a web browser?

2 Likes

Seconded. The imbedded metr logs are awesome

4 Likes

I think I have a pretty good start on the fault read outs! It might be good of me to add a share button or copy to clipboard option.

6 Likes

Ability to share or copy the fault would be great!

6 Likes

Yup, really smart. I can see myself needing one or both in the future.

4 Likes