Industrial Spot Welders

Righto cocks, I’m planning on building a whoooole lot more batteries in the near future, and I wanna know your thoughts on a versatile and capable industrial welder.

I love my kWeld, but I feel like most of the time I am using it, I’m pushing it to it’s limits.

I have no idea where to start looking, or what to be looking for, so I’m hoping that some of you may have pondered this before…

12 Likes

Damon was using a Sunstone, but likes the Kweld better. Maybe put together a supercaps build like Kevin Graehl but tidier?

5 Likes

I am more than happy to try and beef up a kweld so that it suits my purpose better, but there’s gotta be more professional options out there …

3 Likes

Like this?

2 Likes

This looks pretty epic.

3 Likes

bro jump straight to laser welding that would be sickkk

3 Likes

@Savage1 has the answer.

2 Likes

Maybe reach out to the guys from chibatteries.
Looks like they pump out quite a lot of packs lately. Don’t remember which welder they bought thou.

2 Likes

27500USD :flushed: maybe i’ll just beef up the kweld :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You still calculate in USD and not goat beer cans?

8 Likes

Just get a second one and alternate between both of them every few welds.
That way you will not be pushing the thermal limits on them and in case one breaks down you can still continue working.

6 Likes

Yeah i think this will probably be my course of action. I would rather spend small money on multiple kwelds for a result I know I will be happy with, rather than big money on something that could turn out to be a piece of shit.

3 Likes

Taz not dumb.

2 Likes

The ones I work with do this:

One in the making: ($ is more than a car)

@glyphiks your packs look awesome! Do you just have that many coming to you, or are you starting to build for some company?
(@A13XR3 makes some nice packs as well)

4 Likes

That is debatable… :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah lately i’ve been having to turn people away :sweat_smile: but due to the fact that it’s costly and difficult to get lithium batteries of any description into Australia, there is significant demand for batteries coming from outside of esk8 as well…

I’m not particularly sure if i’d want to work for.a company building packs, but definitely open to contracts.

3 Likes