Linny's Weed Lab

I was gonna call that out too. I was reading an article about the new rtx 3k series and under powering them. Looks like it has the potential to be physically bad for them, not just performance issues.

Is your PSU modular or have a second 8 pin?

Once I get my computer in we gotta all play games together, set up our own freesk8 gaming server!

4 Likes

Greetings, been awhile since I’ve updated. Here’s what I’m working on recently! Evolving a friend’s Evolve, aha.

The board already had a 10s4p 30Q built with the evolve BMS. But sometimes it cuts out and when it gets pushed. I guess I found the issue.

So I took it all apart and rebuilt it from scratch

I’m also using a Xenith and a pair of 6355s. Would make a decent upgrade.

12 Likes

Have you tried putting the lid back on it?

Those carbons are incredibly tight dude, I generally run the balance wires down the centre of the pack so they sit in the W concave of the lid.

I have seen upgraded cgts that have rubbed through the balance wires and shorted the whole pack as a result of misplaced balance wires.

At a minimum, make sure you cover the balance leads with fishpaper.

7 Likes

I plan to put a layer of fishpaper on the lid, and then a layer of 1mm craft foam over it.

7 Likes

Greetings, here to show you guys a battery pack I’m building for a friend. It’s for a first gen Bioboards Thorium

A 12s7p P28A.

14 Likes

Oooh i like that very much. Very neat work my dude

8 Likes

Thank you! FYI its very much inspired by the pro battery builders around us including yourself

8 Likes

Well this is fun

Also fishpaper tf out of the pack!

13 Likes

thats one incredible pack, well done :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Today in the lab. @BillGordon builds his first battery pack! A 12s4p P42A in the making.

(This is one of his better weld groups)

14 Likes

We know that you actually welded that pack while Bill is just playing with Legos

11 Likes

And my own poop.

9 Likes

Well you had to get to the legos somehow.

7 Likes

And I’m the shit poster. Word.

5 Likes

Battery is done, and off it goes into the Thorium

Went for a 24km ride… and I have so much juice left

13 Likes

Linford has skillz.

10 Likes

Looks awesome, what’s the material?

3 Likes

It’s epoxy resin mixed with pearlescent metallic red pigment.

7 Likes

So did you 3D print a mold?

3 Likes

Not exactly. I used my origami skillz and folded a paper box with baking wax paper as a one time mold. Then used a bandsaw and sander to get it flat and accurate to size.

11 Likes