Mini Pistol Grip with remote trigger assembly

I will send you one

4 Likes

Here is the backside of the trigger assembly. It uses the Hoyt parts, so the stops are the exact same. Easy peasy

3 Likes

7 Likes

Legend man. You have seriously hit it out of the park with this one!

6 Likes

ok bitches, its on github. I am an idiot for not figuring this out sooner.

9 Likes

Nice. Will print today to get a feel.

4 Likes

Cool. Let me know it goes.

The edges of the grip body at the interface to the lid don’t always come out that great since they are overhangs. Might have come up with something different there to get a clean closure.

2 Likes

Have you thought about including a trigger guard?

My thoughts on a trigger guard were for it to be an interlocking individual piece that could easily be replaced if the casing was split down the middle vertically.

Might not be as easily achievable here…

1 Like

I’d like to try. That’s like level 3 with the forms feature and I’m still on level 1. Also need to design a proper trigger (or steal one)

1 Like

Splitting the case is doable, but the have three pieces? Lid and two sides?

5 Likes

And trigger guard. So 4 pieces

2 Likes

I’m working on the trigger design first and the guard integrated into the grip. Then I can make it removable and split the grip in two. I got a path for this.

Testing out a trigger. Fucking spring is gone. Launched into space. Full throttle hits the case before the stop so I need a slight adjustment

9 Likes

I got the boards today. Will send to those that PM’d me an address.

12 Likes

I just noticed the fine print, where would we put it?

2 Likes

Underneath maybe?

2 Likes

If you’re in to the idea, I think bottom is the most useful for aiming it and not looking like a gun.

2 Likes

I’ll try and make a version with that. We would have to change where the pinky finger rests as it has a little spot on the bottom at the moment. A pictany mount for the light? Just need a flat spot with two screws holes at the right pitch?

With the way I set up the model changes (forms, like sculpting) to the grip are pretty easy and don’t crash the rest of the design

7 Likes

Brilliant. I tend to take the opposite approach and over design early on, making it extraordinarily annoying to change things :expressionless:

5 Likes

My process is a little different. I let the smarter and more accomplished folks do all the hard work and then I swoop in and benefit.

9 Likes

I finished the final version with the integrated trigger guard. It feels pretty sturdy. Fine tuned the model to get full range of motion of the trigger. the trigger design is included. STLs are on the git repo. I also add an archive of my fusion file.

This version I got rid of the interlocking lip on the grip side. That required an overhang at the interface. Seem between the lid and the grip always had a little gap because that overhang printed like shit. Now the main PCB sits a little high and it becomes the feature to align the lid and the grip. Seems to work well with my prints.

To those that I sent PCBs. The PCB holes are a tight fit to the bracket. You might need a file. When soldering the wires to the trigger PCB, have the wires exit to outside (like the picture below) or the spring will hit them.

EDIT: Print these with the internal side down for both lid and grip. I used supports and printed on my Prusa. Use brim if you get warpage. You do not want warpage or the seam will suck. Would the gcode be better use than the STLs?

20 Likes