Mini Pistol Grip with remote trigger assembly

@Kilow, thanks a lot man! Awesome work!

6 Likes

I finally got the 21700 battery hooked up. I had to get some JST connectors. Charged up fine. I found a battery that already had wires since I don’t have a spot welder. The website claims that it has over and discharge protection. Not sure if that is needed. This is the battery I got:

I charged it up the first time outside of the grip because I wanted to see if anything got too hot. It seemed fine.

7 Likes

I did find that I have a new clearance problem with the lid and the vibration motor. In this latest version, I tried to simplify the lid for a better print and this bit me in the ass.

I added a bit of clearance there and updated the STLs and fusion model on git. If you already printed it, you will have to reprint the lid. Sorry about that. It took me a while till I notice the vibration was gone.

8 Likes

I finally got more filament in today. Saw your updates. I’ll have mine done asap. Thanks for sending those boards dude!!!

6 Likes

Lets see if I can put the Fusion archive here? It’s too big for git, 32MB. @BillGordon is this file too big? Also its an .f3z file which is blocked.

5 Likes

I can add the file extension no problem, but the size is over the max allowable. I’m checking with a smarter guy to see if we can enlarge it. (It requires code editing.)

4 Likes

Looks like we need to stick by the file size set by Discourse. Apologies.

4 Likes

This is super slick remix, just found out Hoyt sell just the guts going to order 4 sets of guts to try out these designs.

4 Likes

Ok, I will email the fusion file to anyone that wants to mess with it.

4 Likes

Another way is a Google drive link. Upload it to your Drive and then share it via a web address :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’ve created a pull request adding the fusion file. Add latest fusion file by task650 · Pull Request #2 · k1l0w/MiniPistolGrip · GitHub you’ll just have to merge it.

Not sure if your on windows. But I added it with linux no problem. :wink:

Thanks for sharing it dude. It’s nice being able to see what’s going on.

5 Likes

I printed this up. The grip is super comfy. How hard would it be to make a thumbwheel rendition of this? That would be pretty sick too.

6 Likes

Probably would require it to be a good bit bigger but I don’t hate that suggestion.

3 Likes

It could possibly be similar but the Puck PCB might have to be awkwardly positioned and it wouldn’t look quite as sexy.

1 Like

I’m on a Mac. Git said it was too big. Thanks for uploading it

6 Likes

Anytime dude. Thanks for sharing this with us!

4 Likes

First time I have been able to contribute to the community that’s given me so much

8 Likes

To do that I would suggest flipping the PCB 180 degrees so the usb was in the front. Then relocate the trigger assembly right behind for the thumb position. It probably would be bigger.

The fusion file would be a good place to start. Make a copy and roll back the history. Maybe delete all the operations after the forms feature. Roll back to where you just have the internal components and adjust thier positions relative to each other. They are held together with joints.

5 Likes

I’m really digging that murder hornet by the way!

4 Likes

I’m going to see if I can figure that out. I’m actually pretty new to Fusion, but it could be a good learning project for me.

Thanks man!! I’ve put a lot of work into that one. It has definitely been a favorite.

4 Likes