Mini Pistol Grip with remote trigger assembly

Loving this @Kilow

8 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated

4 Likes

Yo wtf this is so cool! I might have to try this out. I’ve been using the Maytech dual trigger and been having some connection issues lately. Wanted to try out the puck that I have been I’m not sold on the shape yet

This is an awesome solution

4 Likes

@Kilow i got my pcbs yesterday! Thank you so much dude!

I have been slacking on this whole project, but receiving the pcbs has kicked my arse into gear. Printing begins tonight, and i’m gonna order me a 5000mah 21700 right now.

Will keep you posted!

4 Likes

What ones? Just curious :smiley:

4 Likes

Lol just checked out all the local prices and its gonna cost me over 20 bucks just for one cell delivered :rofl:

I’m just gonna use a p42a :rofl:

4 Likes

Cool, let me know how it goes. If you like it, I will work on your replaceable trigger guard idea and the flashlight mount.

4 Likes

Looks like it took about a month for the PCB to get to Australia by first class mail

4 Likes

That’s what I though hahahahahah

2 Likes

I used a 21700 from Epoch, link above. I don’t have a spot welder and that already came with leads attached. It’s working great so far.

4 Likes

Thanks again for sending one to Singapore!

7 Likes

I’ve got an idea for a mount for a Shred-light 1000 for this remote. Actually, any shred light or light that has a mount that will stick to a flat surface. I’m hoping to make it happen this week.

4 Likes

That sounds great. I started a light mount and the removable trigger guard but got a bit pooped out on it. I wanted to switch to finishing off my board and also working on a top mount enclosure (which is still a work in progress).

Here is where I got with the light mount. A little block that would mount to the bottom and provide a flat spot for a pictany rail. I think something underneath like this needs a pinky rest as mine usually is on the bottom of the remote.

I’d love to see what you come up with

8 Likes

I have an idea for a clip assembly that you could insert into the design wherever you please using Fusion 360. Top, bottom, side, wherever.

2 Likes

My PCB arrived today too @Kilow. Thanks heaps man. Just got the ender3 printing really nicely with petg today too. As soon as the etoxx stands are done I’m getting into this. Thanks again dude. Killer design. Where’d you learn to cad so good?

3 Likes

Thanks. I watched a few Lars Christensen videos (getting started, Joints…etc), otherwise recently self taught.

I do look over the shoulders of our ME at work who uses Solidworks. So I did get sense of what can be done professionally. I have envied his work for years, so now I can finally give it a try myself … and put that fucker out of a job…(really, still a lot more to learn)

5 Likes

Love to see this

3 Likes

We are on the same level. I am engineer #2 at work and only get to design the lame things that are too trivial for him.

One day…

4 Likes

I was able to get a little something put together. I’d like to make a mount that snaps into place without a screw, but this is a start.

8 Likes

@Kilow I demand you give a tutorial on how you make organic shapes like the remote handle. I seriously suck at it.

4 Likes