Mod a Boosted Rev (Battery esc and more)

I suggest you also hit him up on Insta:

https://instagram.com/greigesk8?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Anyone in the southern california area interested in getting paid to revive my Rev?

1 Like

Maybe try this place?

Thanks Bill, I couldn’t find anything on their site that said they would service a Boosted Rev, but I sent them an email to ask! Can’t hurt to try!

1 Like

Yeah, they may know of someone, so good approach.

Asking around, but not much traction.

Thanks Bill! :grinning:

1 Like

Another friend mentioned you should post in LAESK8 Facebook group.

Hi @Andrew / @AndreaB ,

I have a quick question, why is it important to use a shielded cable for the throttle if the throttle wire from the inside itself is not shielded?

Thanks!

1 Like

Think of the length of wire connected to an analog input like one big radio antenna that’s soaking up environmental noise.

Noise on a signal that is connected to a throttle is no beuno, so best practice involves the use of shielded cabling.

1 Like

Hi @Andrew, thanks for sharing your project. This is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time.
I have a question, you said that you used only nickel strips and folded them between the packs, but I am curious why it is sticking out that much. Shouldn’t it be sitting flush with the packs?

1 Like

Are you referring to these tabs shown?

1 Like

Yes! I don’t understand why they are protruding out like.

1 Like

These protruding tabs are used to either connect p-groups or attach balance wires, or both.

Here’s a battery I made earlier this year:

2 Likes

That’s why I am intrigued by this battery pack build. @Andrew said that he folded the nickel strip between the P-packs in order to save space, but the series connecting cables you mention would make the two 6S packs stacked together thicker.

1 Like

Oh, I see what you mean. In that case, I don’t know, either.

Lemme call in a smarter (marginally) guy:

@glyphiks

1 Like

You are looking for @AndreaB

1 Like

Upsss You right, I meant to tag @AndreaB. Sorry for for the confusion @andrew

1 Like

Hello, how are you guys? How can i get this mod for the Rev?

The mod and the Rev both appear to be dead.