Modifying normal wheels to hub sleeves

So as the title stats I’ve decided to mod some 100mm MBS so called all terrain wheels in to hub sleeves. Through my work I have contacts in in multiple industries, so I drew up some drawings in cad for them to have a look at. I know it’s possible to replicate the design to fit my hub motors with a designed spacer for the extra width of the MBS wheels.

My only concern is the heat generated from the hub motor will in some way deform the inner wheel if temp gets too high. On the wheels I’m using now the backfire 96mm they have a different material on the inner side of the sleeves, however I’m not sure what it is, feels like a hard plastic material but can not find any info on the tinternet which tells me what it is.
It seems to me that it’s there to protect from the heat generated from the hub motors.

With pu having a melting point of 204 c I doubt they will get this hot but may however get hot enough to deform them enough to cause slippage between motor and wheel.

Has anyone tried this or have experience in doing what I’m attempting to do?

I know it’s not full on custom like a lot of you guys on here. I’m just tinkering with what I have for the time being.

Any advice with this would be greatly appreciate.

3 Likes

I know some have tried, but without success for the most part. There was a guy selling essentially hub motor condoms. I’ll try to find his stuff and if I can, will post here.

Easier than I thought to find:

1 Like

Marlon loves wheels?

I sent him an email about a week ago but not heard anything.

2 Likes

Beat me to it, haha

1 Like

He seems a bit unusual to say the least.

2 Likes
3 Likes

What could possibly fail now?

iwonder if they are testing the products yet.

4 Likes

Any idea when the release date on these will be?

1 Like

No, just came upon it randomly and thought I’d share. Will update here if I find out more.

2 Likes

Nice. Be interesting to see if they do the 105 and 120

1 Like
3 Likes

I think that dude got some of these in stock.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Checked the wed site sold out already.

2 Likes