MR69 All-In-One Motor Connector

This kept me up all night.

So what are your next steps? What would you like the final product to be?

1 Like

I would like it to be a glass filled nylon injection moulded Amass style part :joy: but that aint gonna happen lol.

Learn KiCad, make a PCB to mount the pins into, more revisions.

4 Likes

That would be awesome…wonder what a MOQ would be on something like that.

2 Likes

Considering i would have to get a custom mold made, a lot :joy:

4 Likes

What can I do to help.

2 Likes

Were going to need a snorkel, a slinky, a corkscrew, some jello, a kiddy pool, a stuffed yak, some tap shoes, 4 apples, few coffee filters, a scale, a left-handed pitching wedge, a steam cleaner and some release forms. I’ll handle the rest.

11 Likes

do you have any new fancy revision to share with us? :eyes:

7 Likes

Hi welcome to the forum. Sugar with your tea?

9 Likes

nahh that ruins it :tea:

ps, hi all Im going with the same name on esk8.news altough im more of a lurker then a talker :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Level matched, good sir.

8 Likes

Not yet, but now that I have my webshop stood up, I will be re-doubling my efforts to bring these to market.

11 Likes

Link is broken for me :pleading_face:
Click it and nothing

Edit: found it through a bit of searching

6 Likes

Link has been fixed.

6 Likes

Thank u bill, u sexy u smart u kind

6 Likes

I’m sure I’m not the first one to stumble onto common ebike connectors when searching for an integrated waterproof connector.

What’s the benefits to the MR69 design over say the locking, 10 pin L1019 HiGo connector or similar 1910. The L1019 is ~2.4" long, but otherwise seems robust.

(more connector info here: Connectors - Learn)

6 Likes
  • cost. I’m sure these connector’s are fairly expensive.

• availability. I can’t see where to buy them.

• Continuous current. 45a Vs 60a.

• Supporting a community based project that it ultimately free work from Ben, which is just so cool :heart::clap::pray:

5 Likes

Like Louis said, continuous current. Those pins are a bit anemic for our powerful DIY’s. For small boards those connectors might be great though!

6 Likes

Ebay - Higo Z910 L1019 Waterproof Motor Connector pin cable lead 1m ebike electric | eBay

Aliexpress - l1019 connector - Buy l1019 connector with free shipping on AliExpress

On your other points, I don’t disagree. I’m happy to support a purpose-built community led design. I was honestly just interested in the technical differences.

I didn’t realize the MR69 is intended for higher current. That’s great!

3 Likes

+1 for Mr 69 to go into production! Or even a prototype we can print and jam some pins into?

6 Likes

I will get these these when they are made

when i do I’d have to get a new peli casue holes
sacrifices will be made :triumph:

3 Likes