MR69 All-In-One Motor Connector

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for me to bust out the “Hamburger”. You all are in for a treat.

5 Likes

what kind do you use?

i’ve always liked the idea of using this more. I fixed some headlights on a car that kept going bad from the contacts corroding.

1 Like

Ok, new rev on the panel mount. Printed in clear PETG. The pins are just pressed in for now, don’t think im gonna mount these. Need another rev.

Thoughts on the wire shroud? I was thinking of how to make a clip on one like Amass connectors, but then I thought it would just be easier to bolt it all together since it’s getting bolted through the enclosure anyway :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

I don’t like the idea of bolting the two connectors together ‘through the enclosure’

To me, the whole idea of using connectors in this scenario should allow for removing the motors without taking the enclosure off…

Perhaps tabs on each connector that are on the outside of the enclosure that allow the two connectors to be fastened together?

5 Likes

Just the wire shroud bro.
Bolted on the rear, behind the enclosure mounted connector. Instead of a clip on type like amass xt90s

4 Likes

Ohh. In that case that’s sweet. I still like my idea tho :rofl:

6 Likes

Like the old screw in type computer monitor connectors?

3 Likes

I was thinking more like this on each connector

You could bolt, or even just zip tie them together

3 Likes

How does that seal to the enclosure tho?
I’m confused.

3 Likes

I may not have thought this through…

5 Likes

Only way I see is building in a nut (to the part that goes on the enclosure), and printing a tpu gasket for it. Wouldn’t be too tuff.

4 Likes

This is getting another revision real soon. I like these ones less and less the longer I look at them :joy:

And to be clear, you wont have to remove the enclosure to undo the connectors. Just shitty design on this rev on my part lol. We are getting there :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I love being a part of this forum. Getting to see you guys take ideas and through the revisions and everyone jumps in and helps push it over the finish line.

Shits pretty damn cool to watch, wish I could add more substance other than being insightful.

7 Likes

All input is valuable input!

4 Likes

I’ll start filming my inputs…slowly sliding the connector in and out. Making sure there’s a tight fit in there.

4 Likes

Oh, its tight all right.

4 Likes

This kept me up all night.

So what are your next steps? What would you like the final product to be?

1 Like

I would like it to be a glass filled nylon injection moulded Amass style part :joy: but that aint gonna happen lol.

Learn KiCad, make a PCB to mount the pins into, more revisions.

4 Likes

That would be awesome…wonder what a MOQ would be on something like that.

2 Likes

Considering i would have to get a custom mold made, a lot :joy:

4 Likes