[Puck contest entry] Round 2 mini-Puck: The nugPuck

I would suggest having this attachment to be able to be bolted with a screw from the inside, and maybe a square recess on the outside so it can’t rotate over time

4 Likes

I might be able to pull that off.

3 Likes

We know you can, your modelling work is dank.

4 Likes

I’m printing it up now to see if it’s solid.

2 Likes

6 Likes

It’s just as solid as the original. Please excuse the sloppy print job. I just uploaded the files.

5 Likes

8 Likes

That’s getting better and better :sweat_smile::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks man! I originally wanted to make it fold but didn’t know how to make it happen. I finally figured it out.

4 Likes

For the bolt on version, which size bolt did you use?

2 Likes

That’s a great question. I found it in a cup of random nuts and bolts. It looks like a 13mm wood-screw.

3 Likes

:joy: ok

4 Likes

make it attach with a screw or thread on.

or possibly could it have a hinge and fold?

1 Like

ah well shoot

3 Likes

Got you covered. They’re all available on my thingiverse. I’m still doing a little work on the folding model to make the hinge a little more robust.

I recently tightened up the screw holes so that they won’t strip easily and changed around the supports as well.

4 Likes

small brass insert and screw maybe

I might actually have an EZ-loc insert on hand that would do the job. I would just have to make a small adjustment to my screw-on design to make it happen.

I finished the folding rendition of this. It’s working quite nicely.

1 Like

I meant the insert for the hinge actually, but some kind of locking pin might be a better/easier to make without ordering.

1 Like

I made a one-piece front for this remote. It could be nice if you don’t care for the lens. A two piece enclosure might be more durable. Also, you can use shorter screws . It’s on my thingiverse as well.

10 Likes

Just got mine finished up.

So nice! Thx @tomiboi78

8 Likes