Alright, I went back to the drawing table and redesigned my mini-Puck. I’ve been trying to learn Fusion 360, and I was inspired by some of the other contest entries to learn more about modeling. My first version used really simple techniques, but here I got into T-spine modeling. Using T-spline I was able to make a far more ergonomic and better looking enclosure. Also, I was also able to maintain the ambidexterity of the original Puck. This is important to me because I’m a southpaw and I let a lot of righties demo my decks. It’s nice to be able to switch it up really quickly.
I printed this thing sooooo many times trying to get the ergonomics right. Every nook and cranny of the surface has been deliberated over. Ensuring ambidexterity while making it as ergonomic as possible was a challenge, but I think I pulled it off.
Beyond the shape I also improved my original design by making it such that the stock battery will fit, and the three plastic stems by the thumbwheel no longer need to be trimmed. All you have to do is remove the battery housing to save some space. Four 3-48 1/2" screws are required to assemble the enclosure.
I made a spacer in the middle of the enclosure that I used to make a lenz for the lights. It could also be printed in any color to make the remote match the color-schematic of your ride.
The .stl files can be found at my thingiverse site here. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4773674