Hoyt St. Puck Remote Design Contest Voting

Hey all-

After a few months and some great submissions, it’s time to decide who will be getting their Puck design printed in glorious MultiJet Fusion Nylon!

Here are the official submissions in no particular order:

A reminder about what the winners get:

Rather than doing tiered prizes, each of the 3 winners will receive their own Remote Shell design (complete with PuckGuts + Receiver) printed professionally via MultiJet Fusion Nylon process (in up to 2 different colors of their choice) + additional Shell sets of the other 2 winning designs via the same printing process.

With all that laid out, let’s vote!

The Hoyt St Puck Design Contest
  • Poasttoast-2poast2mote
  • Tomiboi-nugPuck
  • R32Tech-Bat Wing
  • DougM-Hoyt Pro
  • Redeye-Puck 'n Trigger

0 voters

Voting will be live for seven days. (FreeSK8 staff will not be voting.) Good luck all!

17 Likes

This contest made me want a puck so bad.

12 Likes

This was a tough one to choose between the poastmote and the mug for me. The very gripable to the little pocket remote

7 Likes

Would have loved to have your great design in the mix, but respect your reasoning.

8 Likes

Fuck i need to get printing.

9 Likes

Really appreciate having the 3D models for the puck and the gotchi’s. We would have a hard time without out them or getting to see all the work Andrew did on the puck puck Bruce

8 Likes

This is hard

5 Likes

I want points for not responding to this like a child.

12 Likes

They are all amazing I like one a little bit more because of a cool feature :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I absolutely commend you for this. Well done sir.

9 Likes

It was tomibois nugs that did it for me. Felt cute. Might delete later.

11 Likes

@Kilow your design didn’t make it thru?

5 Likes

I really like the shape of @R32Tech design :blush:

7 Likes

I felt that messing with puck PCB might have been a bit risky so I didn’t enter it into the competition. I did have fun working on it, so I wanted to share what I did and post.

I am also not so sure it would be suitable for a nylon print. I quoted it at shapeways and it was expensive. Maybe changing the internal design would help. The grip is mostly solid and I wonder if a shelled design would be better.

13 Likes

@DougM Yours is the first one I’m going to print once i have a puck in my hand. It looks the closest to what I’m used to.

6 Likes

after official voting, will we know which remote each freesk8 staff would’ve voted for?

6 Likes

My ‘not allowed to vote’ vote went to the poastmote!

Really enjoyed following the design process in the telegram chat, love the feel of it in my hand, and also gets bonus points for not using the puck guts files to model from!

Also really happy that my suggestion of the ‘uwu’ design made it onto the buttons :ok_hand:

9 Likes