Pistol Grip Puck!

…on my lap at all times…

Righto cocks, I’ve been super excited about the robot’s competition as he’s been hyping it like forever and even tho I can’t CAD for shit, I’m gonna give this a red hot crack.

The idea is to turn the puck into a trigger remote and seeing as I don’t live in the US, I wanna do a pistol grip design that will house at least one, maaaayyyybe two 21700s.

I started fucking around in tinkercad with my hack job technique of taking two pre-existing designs and smooshing them together.

After spending too many hours getting to what could be described as a design disasterpiece, I am scrapping this and I’m gonna start from scratch in Fusion and design my own from the ground up… to be continued…

Now where did I put all my spare time?.. :thinking:

23 Likes

Looks kinda like a messed up ergonomic miniature table tennis bat?

-no offence-

6 Likes

Lol yeah it’s a travesty.

To be fair, i’m not gonna be too concerned about how this looks as long as it is functional and hits my design goals.

Its gonna be hard to make it look like anything other than a cock and balls or a ping pong bat :rofl:

9 Likes

UwU

I’m excited to see how it goes!

6 Likes

Mannnn, here I log in all excited to share first thoughts/mock-up and find you have the same idea!

8 Likes

You know what they say Shawn, great minds yada yada…

5 Likes

Doesn’t that statement end with …fools seldom differ?

7 Likes

"Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ."

It is usually used in situations where two people have the same tastes, ideas, opinions etc. It basically means that both these people could be equally brilliant, hence the similarity in their brilliant ideas (great minds think alike). Before they get all carried away though, the saying goes on to remind them that a possible explanation is that they are both equally stupid (fools seldom differ).

Thus, concurring with a person’s view could indicate that you two are both wonderfully brilliant, or incurably stupid.

Congratulations Shawn, you’ve earned yourself a new title :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

I think if you could make it with a real pistol, you certainly would have a market in the US

5 Likes

For my title to make sense, wouldn’t you have to share the title tweedle dum?

5 Likes

Jeez, how much capacity do you need? :smiley: Surely a single 18650 would already be plenty, and would keep the design slimmer / weight smaller.

6 Likes

All the capacities.

I have pretty big hands. And in this circumstance, i truly believe that if i can, i should.

Unfortunately, I do not have the permissions to change my own title. It’s a rule :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

you know what they say bout big hands :smirk:

3 Likes

should I join in on the attempt to make a gripped pucccc? maaaaaybe :eyes:

6 Likes

For @glyphiks sake, yes.

6 Likes

i’ll get to it then :wink:

4 Likes

I hope this becomes a master piece Al

4 Likes

I’ll do my best… which isn’t saying much :rofl: