Puck, Puck, Bruce!

From what I see, your perimeters and top/bottom are at 50%, rest of the time you’re at 60mm/s

1 Like

Huge Improvement in feel I definitely like this more then the case it came with.

I need to reprint, but good to know I feel like I can use my puck now.

If I screw it all the way together it makes the buttons get stuck down.

I’m going to try reprinting the top flipped over as suggested.

Wish I had a dark red & black to print with.

4 Likes

You were printing it top up? Supports were a real bitch on my try in that orientation

3 Likes

Simplify3d is cheatcode here.

@Skunk also be aware of where your power cable is being routed. Easy to pinch if youre not careful.

4 Likes

Fuck you for showing me this lol. Got me hooked with some free .gcode samples and then I came crawling back.

2 Likes

im trying ok? already trying to learn prusaslicer, cura, fusion 360 and meshmixer…

gimme a break :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m just on cura and barely know what I’m doing. Lol

I noticed the power wires being close and filed that part a bit.

I think my print would come out a bit better if I flipped it and had some better tools for removing the excess. All I really have are big metal Bastard files.

This was honestly more of a test to see if I even like the Bruce in my hand, which I absolutely do.

( although I wouldn’t mind if it was a tad bigger.)

I’ll probably try to find somebody with better printing skills, that can print with something other than PLA and have color options I like.

2 Likes

@Skunk I had to mess around with so many support settings because there was so much material that needed to be removed afterwards. The biggest bitch is that sometimes it will fill the hole screw with support material and it’s very difficult to remove. I was able to get a good enough profile where I could remove the support material in one pull though. But in the end, my prints that I printed top facing down fitted much nicer. 80% PLA+ at 100mm/sec.

Orrrrr. You could be smarter than me and try simplify3D

2 Likes

I actually got pretty lucky pulling out all the supports.

I grabbed one spot with needle-nose pliers, Twisted it like spaghetti and just yanked. it came out in one good piece.

4 Likes

lucky bastards… took me an hour to discover my seams didnt match up

3 Likes

Which printer do you have? If you’re on an ender I could slice you the shells in simplify3D, I’ve got a decent Ender3 profile dialed in there.

3 Likes

I can has?

1 Like

Stopped being lazy and installed the internals in my rev7 print

5 Likes

Yeah I’m on ender3.

2 Likes

Here you go:

3 Likes

so…say ive got an ender 3 pro coming soon…i put these settings in simplify3d and im ready to start printing?

1 Like

No, these are gcode files you load directly to your printer. Slicers such as simplify3D or cura are what produces gcode

4 Likes

How would ender files go on a cr10s? My printer is back up and running after a 9 month hiatus :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

No clue. I could load the default profile simplify3D has for the cr10s though and you can try it out? Their default profiles are damn good.

That would awesome, cheers!