Puck, Puck, Bruce!

@Skunk I had to mess around with so many support settings because there was so much material that needed to be removed afterwards. The biggest bitch is that sometimes it will fill the hole screw with support material and it’s very difficult to remove. I was able to get a good enough profile where I could remove the support material in one pull though. But in the end, my prints that I printed top facing down fitted much nicer. 80% PLA+ at 100mm/sec.

Orrrrr. You could be smarter than me and try simplify3D

2 Likes

I actually got pretty lucky pulling out all the supports.

I grabbed one spot with needle-nose pliers, Twisted it like spaghetti and just yanked. it came out in one good piece.

4 Likes

lucky bastards… took me an hour to discover my seams didnt match up

3 Likes

Which printer do you have? If you’re on an ender I could slice you the shells in simplify3D, I’ve got a decent Ender3 profile dialed in there.

3 Likes

I can has?

1 Like

Stopped being lazy and installed the internals in my rev7 print

5 Likes

Yeah I’m on ender3.

2 Likes

Here you go:

3 Likes

so…say ive got an ender 3 pro coming soon…i put these settings in simplify3d and im ready to start printing?

1 Like

No, these are gcode files you load directly to your printer. Slicers such as simplify3D or cura are what produces gcode

4 Likes

How would ender files go on a cr10s? My printer is back up and running after a 9 month hiatus :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

No clue. I could load the default profile simplify3D has for the cr10s though and you can try it out? Their default profiles are damn good.

That would awesome, cheers!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Are you printing those without supports? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I need to clean the bed properly :rofl: pretty sure i had supports on.

I assume the bubbles under the kapton caused this.

First ABS print ever. Bottom came out awesome, although the supports stuck pretty hard. Top is too warped to be usable, printing upside down now.

4 Likes

Sounds like its time to get you a cardboard enclosure :wink:

9 Likes

Got enclosure, lack skills. Second attempt at top shell failed, added brim, fingers crossed I don’t wake up to a birds nest

2 Likes

Doing the top with no supports to see how it goes…

Makes it under an hour in print time though

3 Likes