Puck, Puck, Bruce!

We’ve got some of those coming too, so to answer your question- yes.

I still have the Lefty design + a pop-socket variant on my to-do list.

1 Like

Do you think it would be conceivable to make a sort of thumbring?

(My mind thinks of this)

1 Like

Still new to printing.
This is my first esk8 print. The top is printing now.

It’s a lilittle rough on the bottom but nothing I can’t clean up. Thinking about plasti dipping the back half anyways.

Already feels like a huge improvement over the basic puck.

8 Likes

That’s pretty damn good for a first print. Be careful if you didn’t go 100% and you sand the top too much, infill is pretty easy to reach

2 Likes

I did.

So far the only things I’ve printed are things for my printer lol
Oh and a moon for the wife

5 Likes

From the dozens of shells I printed, I had much more success getting everything to fit with the inside facing up. Pretty much all the other ones ended up being fails because of the amount of support material that needed to be removed which made fitting and removing excess supports difficult.

Also if you plastidip, try to reduce the amount that gets into the space for the buttons as they will be tight and might cause them to stick

I had to apologize to like 6 people because it ended up not fitting for them :pleading_face:

4 Likes

How long was the print? For me, it’s about 5hrs with 25%

2 Likes

5 hours 45 mins, each.

1 Like

That’s not bad
Double time for 75% strength increase.
Got an idea of the speeds you’re using for these?
Perimeter
External perimeter
Infill
Top/bottom layer

(Trying to figure if I’m going too safe/aggressive)

1 Like

I always start at 60% speed then up to 110 after first few layers are down.

Top/bottom 0.65
Infill 100

I’m not even sure where to look up perimeter and external perimeter lol, can’t find it.

I mostly used the preset settings on the file but changed speed, infill and layer height ( 0.15 )

1 Like

Early version, but I’m digging it. Both ways of holding it seem to work for me.

4 Likes

You’re in percentage but of what base speed?
Here’s one

Of many

2 Likes

Best I got, not even sure where to change all that lol.

2 Likes

From what I see, your perimeters and top/bottom are at 50%, rest of the time you’re at 60mm/s

1 Like

Huge Improvement in feel I definitely like this more then the case it came with.

I need to reprint, but good to know I feel like I can use my puck now.

If I screw it all the way together it makes the buttons get stuck down.

I’m going to try reprinting the top flipped over as suggested.

Wish I had a dark red & black to print with.

4 Likes

You were printing it top up? Supports were a real bitch on my try in that orientation

3 Likes

Simplify3d is cheatcode here.

@Skunk also be aware of where your power cable is being routed. Easy to pinch if youre not careful.

4 Likes

Fuck you for showing me this lol. Got me hooked with some free .gcode samples and then I came crawling back.

2 Likes

im trying ok? already trying to learn prusaslicer, cura, fusion 360 and meshmixer…

gimme a break :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m just on cura and barely know what I’m doing. Lol

I noticed the power wires being close and filed that part a bit.

I think my print would come out a bit better if I flipped it and had some better tools for removing the excess. All I really have are big metal Bastard files.

This was honestly more of a test to see if I even like the Bruce in my hand, which I absolutely do.

( although I wouldn’t mind if it was a tad bigger.)

I’ll probably try to find somebody with better printing skills, that can print with something other than PLA and have color options I like.

2 Likes