Puck, Puck, Bruce!

I’ll be doing a small run of 10 sets via Multijet Nylon, it comes in grey by default, if anyone is interested.

8 Likes

Any option of colors? Or do they only print in grey

4 Likes

I’m going to be doing a small-run batch of default grey. It can come dyed black, but would be under a different pricing/qty.

Example MJF PA12 Nylon parts:

7 Likes

Grey actually looks nicer than the black one and will be easier to recoat. Was hoping for green or purple :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Would go nicely with my mbs
I might revise my trampa build now that I’ve gained more confidence in how I build.

4 Likes

:raised_hand:

5 Likes

I’ll retract myself from this batch. @Jujo has me covered

5 Likes

For the record, I’m not trying to steal anyone away from anything. He just happens to have a weird knowledge of old timey pressure gauges.

6 Likes

'the fuck!!!

I was just liking rev5… I found the front facing screws a rather auspicious circumstance, and was looking at using those to mount a slide pad… and I was only awaiting the pop-socket rear mod as a look see…

now all my work is rubbish!!! fuckyouverymuch…

count me in on one of the grey mods brother!

BTW… do you know, or maybe @Pete knows… is this process similar as the midnight shell was created… that shit is bullet proof!!! well done @hoytstreet

4 Likes

The changes between rev5 & rev6, other than the bolts being flipped from top to bottom side, are pretty minimal all around. JJ, aka Papa Hoyt St himself, suggested we move the bolts to the backside to clean it up a bit and so I was compelled to oblige him. Gotta say- I think rev6 turned out cleaner.

Nothing stopping you from modifying the top shell and blowing those holes all the way through, could even reinforce with nut sockets on the top shell if you intend on dropping the bolts into a slide puck (what about buttons though).

6 Likes

midnight puck is injected nylon. I’ve been pretty impressed with the MJF nylon quality. We use it with some other components. And I believe Andrew has an MJF nylon puck.

9 Likes

Correcto. Those first Midnight prototypes were all black MJF, mine’s still kicking. It’s super sturdy stuff.

7 Likes

Gauging interest. This is really only for folks that want to jump on this ship early and swap over from their existing Puck.

Plan is to have some inventory on the DRI Store for the Shell Kits + entire rebuilt Puck, Puck, Bruce! Remotes in the near future.

7 Likes

same here, reassembling the bamboo puck took a little more finesse with the torque on the screws than i expected. and i’ve never used the trim function either, which is good since it appears it does not work :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If the trim isn’t of use,the bruce could not include a hole for it and instead put a logo of some sort?

4 Likes

yeah… juss givin’ you shit brother…

I like where you’re going…
and I’m in on the MJF shell…

buttons…

I only need one… the power button… and even considering the depth of the shell… another 1/4" (sorry… 10mm) of slide pad to cover the buttons and the screw heads… I think I’ll be good…

I just gotta print out the rev5 or modify the rev6… not a big deal…

and it was k00l going thru your iterative design process… I was doing something similar in my raceboard design thread, when I suddenly lost the plot and knew I needed more research…

carry on

:+1:t2: :eye: :+1:t2:

6 Likes

those look like bike lugs

4 Likes

I busted out my sharpest crayons:

PS: STP formats of rev6 have been uploaded to Git.

15 Likes

This along with @SeanHacker’s thumb mod. Absolutely gorgeous

11 Likes

@Jujo those are looking sliiiiick! What’s your finishing process there and what are you painting them with?

I treated all of the OSRR beta shell exterior with truck bed liner & flexible poly matte seal, which is likely partly why they held up as PLA.

If the vibration motor is having any clearance issues, here’s what I cut away from the inside of the top shell- you could probably just dremel it out a bit to give it some room (if its even an issue, probably won’t be).

5 Likes

i feel, like I’m watching immortals do work!

look at how far the bruce has come…

:+1:t2: :+1:t2: :eye:

10 Likes