Puck, Puck, Bruce!

What did you change? I basically have a prusa setup (converted ender 3) with just and extra fan. I literally push a button and it’s go time.

You should get a bltouch or other bed leveling sensor. They’re worth the $20.

5 Likes

I’ve got a direct-drive (bontech) extruder, an e3d v6 (i think) all metal hot end… and I like manual bed-leveling…

ok i’m weird

I have method… and it’s just the front end parts cooling fan that fukks the program…

luckily I only print structural filaments that don’t require parts cooling and I run her that way, without parts cooling, fast and loose…

I even have the old skool noisey step-drivers IDGAF…

6 Likes

Gotcha. I did get manual leveling down and loved it myself. Then after 100’s and 100’s of prints, that $20 bltouch was calling my name. And I’m lazy. Haha. So worth it dude.

It’s not as fast as the one prusa has in it. But that can be bought for around $30 if I remember right. Do it dude!

6 Likes

ok

pull my finger

5 Likes

Printing TPU with supports? That I have not been successful without having to cut them away. What’s your secret?

6 Likes

Simplify3D :joy:

They peel away magically. It’s great.

6 Likes

Simplyfi3d. I use supports successfully all the time with tpu and it. I actually mostly print with tpu these days.

5 Likes

We have to stop doing this Seanathon, people are going to talk.

7 Likes

People definitely talk.

7 Likes

I must witness this TPU w/supports magic, can you please send me your prusa gcode for the v1. 2 sleeve?

My initial v2 sleeve feedback after field tests is that I’m not as reliant on the finger holes as I am with the Puck, since the ergonomics of the PPB make a more secure hold.

5 Likes

Pretty decent quality supplier their trans green is really nice and I’m almost out of trans orange- not quite as nice

7 Likes

Good to know!

I’ll get the gcode for the sleeve v1.2 uploaded shortly.

Added here: https://github.com/FreeSK8/DRI-3D-Sandbox/blob/master/PuckPuckBruce/PPB-Sleeve-v1.2.gcode

6 Likes

@Andrew About a dozen people have asked about your Bruce Puck design ever since I posted a photo of mine and I gave about 8 or 9 shells away so far and they really fucking love the ergonomics and design. Just wanted to let you know so your incredible work doesnt go unrecognized. I’ve even convinced a couple to buy the puck PURELY because of your design :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Thank you for your work @Andrew :slight_smile:

crikey. you’re a little mini factory. the dream of 3dp. :wink:

6 Likes

It’s been working non-stop since Rev 2 :upside_down_face:
I’m down a spool and a half lol

6 Likes

Thanks man! Always nice to hear that it’s working out for people.

I have some time this weekend to wrap up my rev7 changes and I’ll get Lefty built up based on that.

4 Likes

18 Likes

Ooh… Honeycomb infill. Nice dude. That looks awesome!

11 Likes

Truly inspired.

5 Likes

Makes me wish there was a way to illuminate the entire top like that. Looks sweet

4 Likes