Pucking spring GODDAMNAT

was putting a new thumb wheel in and I can’t figure out how this fucking spring goes back lol HAPL

7 Likes

Figure out how to sandwich those two parts as it should be relatively obvious, BUT the spring is the toughest little fucker ever. Preload the spring and with the legs facing down, they insert into one of these slots, I just forgot. I think it’s the bottom one and the top piece sandwiches on top

4 Likes

I think I fucked up the spring using pliers to preload it…FML. Guess I’m ordering me off Hoyt St. lol

5 Likes

It’s all good man, I was trying to put mine together one day and it shot up at my eyes. Thank god I’m blind as fuck and need glasses

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Literally completely blind in my right eye over here :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

5 Likes

uh oh. @Jujo’s answer was different than mine. which one of us is right.

i definitely barely preload, and only use the fingers. you’re making me want to take mine apart and film putting it back together. :smiley: … but uh. it ain’t broke.

7 Likes

Im straight up insane in the membrane so I should probably stop answering questions

6 Likes

Same. Flew out from the plastic piece. We ended up looking for that needle in a haystack for 4 hours. Found it though!!!

7 Likes

Thankfully, you can buy more eye piercing projectiles at all different levels of PENETRATION here at

7 Likes

Hi Tim - looks like you are trying to install a spring on your new thumbwheel in a hoyt street puck - is this correct?

6 Likes

See how the legs go here? I don’t want to take it fully apart. I like my eyes. Hopefully this answers your question. Thought someone did already. :wink:

If you need more. Just ask.

6 Likes

this is what I needed–I can see how the legs of the spring are positioned! OK well I ordered a spring with less resistance off Hoyte’s website so I’ll give this a try in a few days when it arrives! Thanks everyone!

6 Likes

Perfect. The spring you might have screwed could be repairable also. Especially if you need this remote working. I’ve done horrible things to these types of springs and brought them back to life. Just takes a couple pairs of pliers and a little patience to get them back to where there where.

6 Likes

and a pair of goggles =)

5 Likes

3 Likes

This thread saved me so much time and troubles today :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

5 Likes