Randomness begets Randomness The off-topic discussion thread

Why doesn’t anyone do a panel mount usb for connecting to Vesc?

2 Likes

A few people have tried it over on esk8.news forum.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to ask

What’s that called? And can you tell me more about it? :sweat_smile: @Scepterr

4 Likes

Build thread in the bike section. We’re all a little jealous.

5 Likes

Omg. I am very jealous. Thanks!

3 Likes

I like it. Battery flex page.

6 Likes

Seriously, fantastic idea @J0ker

@Benjamin go go go

4 Likes

I have those every once in a while lol.

1 Like

lol how did you miss the only bike thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I can assure you that sobriety is absolutely not necessary for building batteries :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Dude idk but that shit is gorgeous man. I honestly might have to copy you. That’s like one of the most badass things I’ve ever seen. I’m not usually jealous of things but I am 100% drooling over your bike

3 Likes

If only that applied to life then I’d be okay :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, it’s great to look at and even better to ride :grin:

2 Likes

I’ll take “Things you can say about our girlfriend” for 500

Did you utilize the Ubox’s horn too?

2 Likes

My arm hurts from all that dick swinging flexing i just did.

3 Likes

I fucking love that thread already.

Holy shit guys.

I have to say- the level of battery building being done in 2020 is such a marked improvement from when I first jumped into this hobby even 2ish years ago.

3 Likes

I’ve always been confused with your battery builds because its slightly different than everyone else’s. Is that kapton tape you’re placing over your nickel strips? Or some other sort of insulation? It almost looks like you painted kapton onto it.

2 Likes

Which picture specifically are you referring to? I used lots of kapton and lots of fish paper on this battery :grin:

2 Likes

Oh so it really is just kapton? God do you use 1/4" strips to make it clean and neat especially around wires? Is kapton enough insulation to protect those series connections from shorting with something?

1 Like

I have lots of different sizes of kapton, all for different uses. The 50mm wide stuff is my favorite, as it makes it really easy to cover large areas.

Some people think kapton is enough, but I always try to insulate with fish paper in places I am worried about getting abraded.

Where are you seeing series connections only insulated with kapton?

1 Like