Reply to "🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else"

Any risks of heat exchange since it’s underneath the batteries?

3 Likes

So stoked to see this build come to life!

P.s. my battery labeling has improved since that pack :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Looks so good :star_struck: Love the chonky wheels

5 Likes

I think my favourite thing about you is your crusty regret at having taken on yet another herculean task, and how you’ll “never do it again.”

Then, as soon as an esk8 buddy needs something…:joy:

7 Likes

I couldn’t say no to this one :rofl:

Mate: “Wanna build a fucking huge high voltage battery?”

Me: “mmm battery…”

unnamed (19)

9 Likes

What deck is that? Looks like some sort of Prism deck?

Edit; found it. It is indeed a prism reaver. How does it ride? I like the look of their decks.

4 Likes

Its a prisim origin V2. I own a V1 actually. Same deck shape, just a normal concave. The V2 has a rocker shape. Its a nice deck

7 Likes

@glyphiks what happened in the middle of that pack? Why does the nickel look bend?

🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else

4 Likes

Cause I bent it before I welded it so I could round the corners where the fold is :rofl: this pack will fold together in the middle

6 Likes

Folding batteries, what will he think up next!

But seriously, you and I are gonna have a talk when I finally decide to build the e bike…want some advice on layout when it gets to that point

4 Likes

@Andy87
No way, did you get etoxx to machine them? :scream:
This is going to be awesome :pray:

6 Likes

@taz you did an amazing job

8 Likes

No etoxx in this picture.
Those are designed in Russia and made in Greece by the legend itself @Taz :relieved:

11 Likes

What’s the thinking behind that ends only fish paper technique?
why ends only?
why wave it in and out with the battery rather than more of a strap across the pgroup? ( if that makes sense. )

3 Likes

Wow amazing @taz !!!
It has the same background as all of etoxx product images, that’s why I thought etoxx, sorry!

4 Likes

Battery needs to be fucking tight to fit in the enclosure. Without conforming to the shape of the cells, i can’t achieve the tight stagger i need.

Fishpaper on the ends only so that groups are still insulated from each other but i can still get glue from cell to cell between p groups. Papering the whole pack wouldn’t have worked for two reasons;

• its a lot harder to get that nice conformity to the cell shape with full size paper

• i wanted all the cells glued together and not relying on the fishpaper adhesive

Here’s how i glued the p groups together

7 Likes

My curiosity thanks you sir. As do I.

3 Likes

No need to apologize.
Having my work compared to Jens’ is a compliment.

2 Likes

I was wondering what’s up and meant to ask, from the top pick it looks like you only used a spot of glue top and bottom of the cell…

and then you made it all clear…

3 Likes

Helping @TheRef out since this one is a common mistake everyone makes (replies go here, main thread is pictures only)

@Benjamin you got that file homie? I can throw it up on ze GitHub.

4 Likes