Reply to "🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else"

Cause I bent it before I welded it so I could round the corners where the fold is :rofl: this pack will fold together in the middle

6 Likes

Folding batteries, what will he think up next!

But seriously, you and I are gonna have a talk when I finally decide to build the e bike…want some advice on layout when it gets to that point

4 Likes

@Andy87
No way, did you get etoxx to machine them? :scream:
This is going to be awesome :pray:

6 Likes

@taz you did an amazing job

8 Likes

No etoxx in this picture.
Those are designed in Russia and made in Greece by the legend itself @Taz :relieved:

11 Likes

What’s the thinking behind that ends only fish paper technique?
why ends only?
why wave it in and out with the battery rather than more of a strap across the pgroup? ( if that makes sense. )

3 Likes

Wow amazing @taz !!!
It has the same background as all of etoxx product images, that’s why I thought etoxx, sorry!

4 Likes

Battery needs to be fucking tight to fit in the enclosure. Without conforming to the shape of the cells, i can’t achieve the tight stagger i need.

Fishpaper on the ends only so that groups are still insulated from each other but i can still get glue from cell to cell between p groups. Papering the whole pack wouldn’t have worked for two reasons;

• its a lot harder to get that nice conformity to the cell shape with full size paper

• i wanted all the cells glued together and not relying on the fishpaper adhesive

Here’s how i glued the p groups together

7 Likes

My curiosity thanks you sir. As do I.

3 Likes

No need to apologize.
Having my work compared to Jens’ is a compliment.

2 Likes

I was wondering what’s up and meant to ask, from the top pick it looks like you only used a spot of glue top and bottom of the cell…

and then you made it all clear…

3 Likes

Helping @TheRef out since this one is a common mistake everyone makes (replies go here, main thread is pictures only)

@Benjamin you got that file homie? I can throw it up on ze GitHub.

4 Likes

My bad I tried to delete it right after I posted but I’m still new to the forum thing and had to get back to work… I will study up…

7 Likes

No big deal. 10 years dungeon.

8 Likes

That and penile flattening.

7 Likes

you’ve piqued my prurient interests now…

3 Likes

@TheRef which holder are you referring to?

1 Like

You gotta wait until Steamroller Tuesday.

2 Likes

3 Likes

looks like lube.

2 Likes