Reply to "🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078M79B1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Yy9BFbJ8R5SFT

3 Likes

thanks!!
…but I glue my parallel packs in a completely different manner than the rest of all ya’all…

2 Likes

Please share

2 Likes

I put a line of silicone on one battery, then I gently “smoogie” the next one in the glue line, set it in an angled tray like a “V” then a line of silicone on the next free cell, and “smoogie” it into the already joined cells in the “V”…

rinse and repeat…

EDIT:
this is a typical glue line… And it Will rip the shrink wrap off of most cells before it gives up the ghost…

2 Likes

what glue?

angled V? meaning just a slanted tray to let gravity push cells together?

2 Likes

holy hellcats batman. ( or if not hellcats… holly hell fat [tire] man. )

1 Like

neutral cure silicone is what i use and prefer, you can use HMA, although untested…

yeah, just a slanted tray with rails that form a 90 degree V at the bottom…

i call this my gravity assist helping hand, apparently it’s no longer politically correct to call it a jig…

it’s not very big, but I can glue up a 12s4p and let time and gravity cure the glue, i don’t “press” the cells firmly against each other, I just gently push the cells together and then slightly rotate a cell, a couple of degrees back and forth, to distribute the adhesive component

2 Likes

I-84 bike path?

3 Likes

Yep exactly the place.

3 Likes

I just came in my pants a little bit :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

:kissing_heart: wanna be a beta tester?

3 Likes

When can I have some of those?

1 Like

giphy

4 Likes

you’re doing skatan’s work, laddy

next a 12s connection for external BMS

1 Like

Fuck yeah!

Although I think a non panel mount version would be more appropriate for my use case

1 Like

Got a 3d printer?

3 Likes

are these designed that the bullets can be soldered and then slipped into your brilliant contraption?

EDIT:
and I don’t wish to rain on your parade, but I’d do some controlled amp draws on these if the plan is to replace a 60-90amp AMASS connector, if you were ever a member of the Ender 3 ownership, you probably read/heard about/or shudder experienced the fires that occurred when it was found out that Creality was using copy XT-60s on their Early Ender 3s…

but with a smaller amp draw, something similar is what I thing I’ll use to move my BMS’s out of the enclosure…

awwwwww fuck… now I gotta go out and buy one of those HUGE smart BMSs (like i previously sold you)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Nope, PayPal account and mailing address tho…

3 Likes

I have one but its fucked. @Pottsy does my dirty work

3 Likes

Still working out how this is gonna go. Ideally the finished product is going to look and act exactly like an MR60 where all the bullets are mounted in the housing and you solder straight to them. Not sure how well thats going to work with 3d printed plastic though. We’ll see.

Ill be using genuine Amass 4mm bullet connectors (MR60’s use 3.5mm) for the main bullets.

If all goes well, I hope to have these for sale soon :kissing_heart:

Ill PM you when I get further along :call_me_hand:

3 Likes