Reply to "🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else"

When they say Al runs 10s, you know what is meant

4 Likes

The beer to work ratio seems about right.

7 Likes

Wait what, where is the West coast standard logo gone??? @glyphiks :joy:

3 Likes

Lol. Many people have assured me that prints are fine as risers… mybe i should make a mold and pour from urethane :man_shrugging:

Some have standards…
just don’t use it on top of the deck please, even if it would look nice :joy:

2 Likes

@ducktaperules this is genius, I have a future design I want to do similar to this but each esc would go on the side and BMS and rest of the electronics on the rear or front of the pack, this is way better and easier to wire, but does make the pack taller

Do you plan to raise the base so the deck can flex freely?

Maybe its a sign from Skatan?

9 Likes

No, quite the opposite. I hope to bolt this down as solid as possible to strengthen the deck and remove as much flex from the center as possible. Hopefully this will also allow me to narrow the center of the deck and make the shape a little more interesting whilst reducing the weight.

1 Like

Looking for that test, this also make the enclosure slim since there is no gap

How’d you manage that?

I went to bed and woke up to this :rofl: i imagine that part of the print lifted

1 Like

I found out recently I was putting way too much glue. Would apply Elmer’s spray adhesive before every print…fucking needed a shovel to take the prints off the bed.

What are you using to stick prints?

PS: was really using a floor scraper to remove prints :rofl::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Spray adhesive on kapton tape. I’m gonna abandon the abs idea and print 2 part negative molds for these out of petg and pour them out of urethane. That should keep @Andy87 happy :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Is there a reason for using spray + kapton?

1 Like

:man_shrugging: probably cos I have no idea what i’m doing :rofl:

Any reason to not just make them in petg?

1 Like

I am kinda dubious on the 3d printed riser thing as it is, and i was under the impression ABS was stronger.

My issue with making them from urethane tho is that the urethane i have has a bit of cushion, its not firm… and at 15mm thick, I am worried that cushion might increase fatigue on the bolts.

I either need harder urethane, or I need to be happy with printed risers.

Why not both?

Print a thinner version
Pour urethane halfway in the mold
When hard enough to do so, insert print
Pour rest of urethane

I imagine having something inside the thane should remove a bit of the cushion. And I don’t think it’ll react since you be making the mold with the plastic anyways? Or just coat the print before inserting :grin:

2 Likes

This would be super cool.

I’m picturing a 3d printed skeleton inside a translucent urethane. Like a bug trapped in resin effect.

3 Likes

What paint did you use?

1 Like