Reply to "🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else"

The board that brought me into DIY and the only board that is always working :joy:
I still enjoy to ride it from time to time when I’m out with my gf. Slowly, but still faster than our rental escooter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: also a nice beginner board for my gf. Still hope I can get her into e mtb one day :point_up::joy:

8 Likes

Stormcore dont have any fuse? Only a pcb fuse for voltage output from what I know.

We will use this fuses instead of the ones on test pcb:
Discharge :

Charge:
bd7dfd399fc091f2bb65617d40bf1cf2bad5ed21

8 Likes

@Abusfullofnuns

How long did it take to get like that :sweat:

7 Likes

Around 350 miles on the front and about 100 on the rear.

Probably acceptable for miles :man_shrugging:

The ripping of the sidewall is what surprised me. Heel side inside only.

8 Likes

Joe what happened to the velcro strapy battery bag you had made in southern california?

5 Likes

Love it. Front half-binding is awesome for carvers. I ran an F5 up front on my KalyKat build for awhile. About to do the same for LC.

7 Likes

I’m not using those batteries anymore. It’s in the drawer should I ever use lipos on this deck again.

6 Likes

My LaCroix AS/switch for the dual 100S has this exact fuse, came with a 60A which I upgraded to a 100A. I assumed the 100D integrated AS/switch was also fused similarly.

7 Likes

ignore this, i’m doing some testing

7 Likes

Is that the hummie? Shred lights?

3 Likes

Yes hummie, no shredlights. It’s a bright ass flashlight mounted to the top of the trucks.

5 Likes

that’s a pretty wobble friendly stance you got there…

4 Likes

Nope.

5 Likes

Please don’t do this with Icebreaker. The effects of the world spinning in the opposite direction could be cataclysmic.

6 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 11.35.16 AM

@glyphiks

5 Likes

Interesting… share the knowledge brother

3 Likes

Was recommended by local composite supplier, so I bought some (for science).

Basically a thick fabric mat that you can use like a core. It gets impregnated with resin in the layup so has good adhesion to the structural layers of a part. And has good shear strength.

Used for boat hulls and bulkheads.

Because it’s soft, it can roll out over curved mould surfaces and doesn’t need to be formed to match a curved mould shape at all (just cut with scissors)

I got a 10mm thick version, won’t use it for a while but will share results when I get onto it.

6 Likes

Nice find… that looks like some really kewl shit… I gotta find me some and try it out!

Thanks!!!

4 Likes

:call_me_hand: no worries bro.

Yeah it looks easier than forming any types of curves in a foam core (like 313 seem to on their decks), downside I guess might be accuracy or flatness around any mounting points (like at truck locations).

Science needed.

4 Likes

I’m almost convinced I’m going to be using ABS core at truck locations, pretty rigid, virtually non-compressible, and offers a bit of resiliency on impact

I think

indeed

4 Likes