Reply to Battery Builds

Ooh I like your layout better than mine.

6 Likes

They both have their pros and cons. Yours does not require a janky copper-braid harness connecting the p-groups :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Lol just a janky solid copper wire :rofl:

6 Likes

Was my thought exactly lol. Didn’t want to be that guy

3 Likes

Lol I like trying things. Now I know not to try this thing again :rofl:

4 Likes

My vote for Best Steampunk Battery

6 Likes

@Skyart are you not concerned about the majority of your series current only passing through 4 little strips?

5 Likes

Not at all. That is a parallel connection anyway. 80amps through those 4 spots will be ok

2 Likes

In this config it is also part of your series connection tho

5 Likes

Sorry i dont follow. But in either case, the distance that current has to travel is minimal. I guess I could have reinforced it tho, but I’ve pulled this sort of current through the same connection and its proved to work, so I’m not too worried

2 Likes

The series current from the 8 cells below needs to travel through those 4 little strips to get to the actual series connection. So while it is indeed a parallel connection, it is also a series connection.

5 Likes

So it would be fine to mount my bms on top of my box battery I’m gonna build soon?

I always tried to keep the separate.

1 Like

66% of you batery potential travels thro thos 4 connections. As for your comment of dismissing it as minimal so is coming off a bike at 100MPH and hiting a wall the deceleration is also minimal amount of time :man_shrugging: It’s still very relevant

2 Likes

Battle Royal between @Darkie02 and @glyphiks

2 Likes

Pictures only, no words, dickbag :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Looking toight Seanathon.

PS:

4 Likes

I have personally pulled more then 100amps continues through that same sort of connection, successfully for a few months of use in a pack I built for myself. I have no worries this pack will perform as I intend for it to. If it does not, I will fix or replace it free of charge to my friend whom I made it for.

4 Likes

Iv pulled 1600A thro a xt90 but I don’t like the heat it produces. Heat degrades the cells. We all set our own levels of success.

8 p42A Spe says 45A to tests rate it at 30A so 240A-360A

The battery’s can deliver 60-90A down each strips of nickle.

I personally wouldn’t run that ampage down a 10x0.2mm bit of nickle as it be way to hot and degrade the cells in my opinion. Other option is to de rate the battery potential in witch case you could have used higher capacity cells at lower discharge. All depends on how it’s intended to be used.

4 Likes

1a fuses? What for?

2 Likes

It’s an idea I stole from this build

You’re now torn between curiosity and giving JPo a click

Muhahaha

4 Likes

I see :eyes:

Curious to how it pans out. I have shorted one of those balance ports :rofl: it pretty much melted the whole connector in one big flash bang.

No noticeable affect on the battery tho.

2 Likes