Robin's Ebike Dreams

This is still a dream at this point but I like thinking about it.

heres the plan. Dual motor ebike, probably running a stormcore 100D for future HiS upgrades

Frame:
Some sort of cruiser for high speed stability. If you guys have suggestions for frames Im interested
something like this:

Battery:
The battery will be for now, the 12s7p f the qb26800 pack. I built pack to be able to split it into two flatter packs, so I can mount them in the frame.

Brakes:
Gotta stop it. I figure with dual motors Ive got lots of ebrakes, but just in case, I would really like it to have dual disc brakes. Anybody have any clue as to how hard retrofitting this is?

6 Likes

I think both Scepterr and Tom (abusfullofnuns) can help you out there. Try hitting them up here:

1 Like

I’ve got a stack of ebike wheel/hub combos that I’m not using the I’d let go for rather cheap if you’re looking for tinker fodder. 350w geared hub on each

3 Likes

Fuck yeah that’s perfect. What size wheel?

1 Like

They’re 26" iirc, was from a BCH sale they had earlier this year.

I’ll happily pass them on to you for the same price I paid for em- 2x hub wheels & 2x front wheels (with brake rotor) for $98 + shipping. I have a total of 3x sets but want to keep one set for myself.

Here’s the original thread: https://forum.esk8.news/t/battery-clearing-house-wheel-hubs/28646/41

2 Likes

I’m very down . I’ll hit you up in a few weeks. When I have more finance’s. I just bought a bunch of eskate gear and I gotta let that mellow haha

3 Likes

Has anyone finished a build with these and provided some feedback yet? I was going to get a set but then started seeing hub motors in the 3-5kw range and started doubting them.

2 Likes

True. Personally I can’t imagine 3.5 kw to actually be practical. That’s crazy

2 Likes

I’ve been having similar nightmares. However, I want to use 3 motors. 29x2" front wheel hub motor, 20x3" rear wheel hub motor, and a huge mid-drive to hold it together. Inside the yeti frame will be full of lithium ion. Cue Aerosmith, “Dream On”

2 Likes

jesus thats so heavy though haha

Personally I shy away from the complications of mid drive.

e

3 Likes

Yea I know but I usually bench around 300 and squat like 1000, so shouldn’t be a thing. I’m kidding %110.

1 Like

haha, I carried my skateboard with a 40lb battery up a singel flight of stairs for a while. its not fun.

5 Likes

Yeah, fucked my back up doing this.

4 Likes

I started leaving it in the trunk of my car. But that’s not always an option. So now I moved to a smaller battery for the board.

This ebike will probably not be ready for a few years and by then I should have a garage

2 Likes

I would have moved to a lower house. :metal:

1 Like

Ah well I’m in an apartment for now. Houses in my zip start at 700k+

3 Likes

Pocket change for a guy like you.

Lol I wish. I’ll get into q place soon enough. Asap actually. Paying someone else to live in a place is dumb if i can be paying myself to live there

3 Likes