Saturn's Shop Shenanigans

Those mounts look shaved :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Been a while of not too much building or skating. Managed to lubricate the drive chains and get the other two pulleys + 10mm bearings in the other hubs I have.

Rode a short distance this morning after not going out much lately and it was nice.

6 Likes

I see you’ve got the good stuff for chain lube. Dumonde tech is the only lube I’ll buy. Really good shit.

4 Likes

Finally stood properly on the flux board. Feels quite good in my living room! Need longer axles however.

Building a keyboard here soon I’m hyped about, couple more days.

8 Likes

I wish I grabbed one of those flux decks to build on. Lookin good man.

6 Likes

Goddamn thats a lot of inserts

4 Likes

The valve stem in the front right tube has given up, and I’m sure one of the rear ones has been on it’s way out for a couple months with slime doing it’s job to stop it. These angled stems make it difficult to attach the air hose with these rims and my manhandling to get it on isn’t helping. Got standard tubes in the mail so it won’t be a problem again.

Also worked on a charge port and power button enclosure for the flux. I should have gotten a pic with it bolted on & holes drilled but it’s not done yet so I can add that later. Anti spark switch decision is currently up in the air. It must be a certain size and I don’t know weather to steal the perfect switch from my magnum dong and rewire it all later with another anti spark I have on hand that won’t work for this particular board, or something else.

Still have lots to plan I suppose!

8 Likes

hi what motor mounts are you using for your trampa chain drive? i’d like to do the same. thanks

2 Likes

i dont think the motor mounts are chain drive specific, but iirc @Saturn used overion motor mounts for MBS on this build. adjust your volume down on the video before watching, it is a chain drive after all.

6 Likes

Yep!!

3 Likes

Been a while. Threw a Puck Puck Bruce and Robogotchi in here yesterday and went out for a little ride today. Getting a smart BMS soon. I’m liking the nibbed throttle.

8 Likes

Another half-yearly update post brings the actual completion of the 4wd Flux after a battery rework. Loving the Bms Life, just have to plug it in lol.

Not sure what project is next but I’m sure I’ll still have kinks to work out on this board over time.

5 Likes

Well I’m moving to a bigger and badder house on the 11th with a garage! I’ll finally have a real workspace that’s not my bedroom with room for more cool crap. Lots of stuff to move and it feels like I’m in limbo right now but soon it will all come together.

Updates to come.

5 Likes

Awesome! I would love a garage setup like that.

Moving is the worst! Good luck!

2 Likes

Got most of the stuff moved in. Got the AC unit right by my work station :snowflake:.

3 Likes